Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MP Caroline Lucas charged for protesting

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
This prosecution is designed to send out a clear message along the lines of "IF YOU THINK YOU CAN GET IN THE WAY OF OUR COMPANY MAKING MONEY WE WILL VIOLENTLY REMOVE YOU AND WE WILL ****ING HOUND YOU AND PROSECUTE YOU UNTIL YOU ALL UNDERSTAND BIG BUSINEES WINS".

What is concerning about this is the Police and CPS blindly doing the bidding of a company that wants to wreck the very same environment the Police and CPS live in. It's a dangerous road to be heading down.
The prosecution is for Caroline Lucas obstructing the highway, and by default also a company going about its lawful business, however I absolutely agree with your previous point about police reluctance to get involved with pikeys , whilst they are undoubtedly hamstrung by the law , they also completely and utterly bottle it when they get the chance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
balcombe-arrest-pi_2630080b.jpg

PC gone mad.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Isn't the point that they were arrested for obstructing others from doing what they were lawfully allowed to do. Prostesting would be standing by the side of the road with your placards and chanting and hopefully attracting attention to your point of view. They don't like fracking so the try and sotp it by obstruction. What happens if the greens took it further and blockaded you from filling up with petrol or maybe they didn't like the packaging at Asda so stopped you buying your weekly shop and so and so on. There is a line and if you cross it then you should expect the consequences. In the case of Lucas she is probably quite happy with the publicity.

Good on you drew,you have summed up the situation perfectly

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What happens if the greens took it further and blockaded you from filling up with petrol or maybe they didn't like the packaging at Asda so stopped you buying your weekly shop and so and so on.

I'm sure I'd survive. Hardly a big deal.

What happens if the greens took it further and blockaded you from filling up with petrol or maybe they didn't like the packaging at Asda so stopped you buying your weekly shop and so and so on. There is a line and if you cross it then you should expect the consequences. In the case of Lucas she is probably quite happy with the publicity.

What happens when Asda no longer can provide you with foodstuff that has travelled 4000 miles to enter your shopping basket? Let me know when your sailing boat leaves Brighton Marina to pick up some lamb chops from New Zealand.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

On the other hand, this muddies the waters.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/1064...s_speak_out_against_anti_fracking_protesters/

What happens when Asda no longer can provide you with foodstuff that has travelled 4000 miles to enter your shopping basket? Let me know when your sailing boat leaves Brighton Marina to pick up some lamb chops from New Zealand.

Sorry, what point are you making? You seem to totally have missed mine!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Good on you, Caroline. There's nothing wrong with enjoying a scrap with the police. Plenty of shaven headed 50 something football boys would do the same.

Fracking? I agree it's a bad energy option even in un-posh parts of the UK. Few would disagree.

Energy Policy? Caroline has a good degree in English Literature from Exeter Uni and a PhD on Women in Literature. Not quite the background you would hope for from someone who has to make big decisions about the potential of geo-thermal energy and the possibilities and dangers of nuclear energy.

Oh well never mind. She enjoys a good scrap at demonstrations as some of us like our football. And Brighton Pavilion constituents are very lucky to have her provided they have the money, a London salary and a suitable bicycle to live in her realm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here