Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Most underrated movie

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Unlike you, I wouldn't say someone's personal taste was "wrong", same as with music. Neither would I say that anyone else's personal taste is "misguided and less astute". What are you on about?! Relax, if you like Tarantino films that is great, no need to be so uptight about it. I liked Reservior Dogs when I saw it on release at the cinema and Pulp Fiction. But every time I rewatch a Tarantino, and I've seen them all, they don't hold up and personally I find him overrated (if that's ok with you). Someone above mentioned Jackie Brown and I would say that is by far his best. For me, he just became annoying and wait for it, overrated! No where am I saying I am right though.
Which of course I didn't say, and never would say.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I've always had a soft spot for Carlito's Way, which I believe was neither a critical or commercial success.
Carlito's Way is a superb film... and on the subject of Pacino, I also enjoyed Scent of a Woman and Insomnia although not sure if they are underrated or not...

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Carlito's Way is a superb film... and on the subject of Pacino, I also enjoyed Scent of a Woman and Insomnia although not sure if they are underrated or not...
Your mention of Insomnia reminded me of my favourite Robin Williams movie. Not underrated really but probably a bit forgotten about:

One_Hour_Photo_movie.jpg

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
10 Rillington Place, I remember it being very disturbing and never really got the praise it should have done.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Whether films are overrated or underrated is down to personal taste SHOCKER! Anyway, no worries. I don't want to be trapped in a lift with Tarantino fans quoting his ridiculously fake and hammy dialogue.

I'd like to add the black and white version (on the bluray) of Stephen King's The Mist. The general public give the film better reviews than the critics and imo it's better than the more famous King adaptions (oh God, don't make me watch the Shaw(sh)ank Redemption). The black and white version lifts if further imo. Underrated because I rarely find anyone who has watched it. It's not amazeballs but it's defintiley v enjoyable.
You mean 'the Fog'?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If "Defence of the Realm" starring Denham Elliott isn't already mentioned on this thread, then I'm mentioning it now. Same goes for "Salvador" starring James Woods and James Belushi, which remains one of my all time favourite films.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Guest House Paradiso. Bloody Hilarious

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I think he's tended towards self indulgence in later films (esp Kill Bills), but Reservoir Dogs and Jackie Brown are superb.
Kill Bill should've been one film. There's so much flannel on both I reckon he could've edited into a single film about 180 minutes.

Tarantino reckons he couldn't, but as you say, that's him becoming too self indulgent.

I've always hoped someone would do an unofficial edit!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here