Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most expensive pint in Brighton & Hove

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Large beer in our club is 1.14 GBP but we charge club prices.
Local Herna bar round the corner from me its 68 pence.

How are they justifying those prices in UK is it all tax or pubs grabbing it large?
Informed tonight 2 Pints of Gambinus in a bar by Bohemians 1905 ground a nice 50 Crown's this afternoon.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If I was forced to listen to that depressing dirge I'd want to be semi comatose on heroin myself. That's only about a tenner for half a gram.

Now that's ironic, Dave Gahan was forced to listen to that depressing dirge and became a heroin addict himself.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
It is a separate place, unless England don't qualify for a major football tournament and those from Eire do, of course...

or Cymru or Alba. Or even Tuaisceart Éireann.

But no home nations really have a chance of winning a major tournament against the likes of Espana or Brasil.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I met some pals in the North Laine, formerly The Gloucester night club, and an ale bearing the name ESB caught my eye. Not the luverrly Fullers number, and only tipping the scales at 4.7% abv??? I enquired at the price to be told, straight-faced, that it was £4.90 a pint no less :ohmy:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I paid 6 euros for .2 of a litre last night. 15 euros a pint?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I paid 6 euros for .2 of a litre last night. 15 euros a pint?

Re-read the thread title please. Besides, what is the point of any drink in a measure of .2 L unless its Absynthe.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Re-read the thread title please. Besides, what is the point of any drink in a measure of .2 L unless its Absynthe.

Mr Grumpy

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Mr Grumpy

He still hasn't come to terms with a pint hitting the 3 pound barrier.
Come to think of it he is still smarting from when it went over the quid......... And I remember that because that was the last time he bought me a pint.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He still hasn't come to terms with a pint hitting the 3 pound barrier.
Come to think of it he is still smarting from when it went over the quid......... And I remember that because that was the last time he bought me a pint.

At this rate I can't see that changing for a while.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What is premium about Peroni? It's just another mass produced lager.

Its imported from Italy. Unlike most 'foreign' beers that are brewed in the UK under license. Makes a big difference to the price.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here