Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most expensive pint in Brighton & Hove

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I pay £3.95 for a half of the more exotic ales in Craft Beer Co and yes they are generally worth it. I have also paid £24 for a pint (or 500ml) of bottled beer in Brighton; it was a special occasion though.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I complained to Peroni about the price of their beers and they gave me some bullsh*t about
being a premium beer....

absolute b**x. Don't drink that cr*p anymore.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Large beer in our club is 1.14 GBP but we charge club prices.
Local Herna bar round the corner from me its 68 pence.

How are they justifying those prices in UK is it all tax or pubs grabbing it large?

Last edited:

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
5 bottles of Sol in coalition Friday night.
But had paid 5.55 for a bottle of American Pale Ale (unknown name) in London after work.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I complained to Peroni about the price of their beers and they gave me some bullsh*t about
being a premium beer....

What is premium about Peroni? It's just another mass produced lager.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Paid over a fiver for a pint or something or other in some shitty little dive next to Shoosh along the seafront one Saturday. Never again. No wonder the place was dead.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I was in The Railway Bell on Saturday and paid £10.10 for a Harveys and a Heineken, I'm pretty sure the Harveys wasn't more than about £4.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
being a premium beer....

What is premium about Peroni? It's just another mass produced lager.

Why Peroni choose to charge the retailer so much is anyone's guess. However, all the while people (only bankers, according to the Evening Standard) indulge in paying the thick end of a fiver, they will carry on charging it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
boycotting Peroni is one of the easiest protests I have ever aligned myself with.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Can't remember the exact price, but been to Komedia club on a Saturday night before and they were expensive pints!

Whilst not exactly cheap, Komedia is a venue, not a pub and our prices are competitive with most of the pubs in central Brighton (bar the cheap chains). Kroney is £4.30, Fosters £4.10 and Ale £3.90 plus discounts if you buy a four pint jug. Good luck getting four pints for £15 in any other venue/club in Brighton on a Saturday night.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Whilst not exactly cheap, Komedia is a venue, not a pub and our prices are competitive with most of the pubs in central Brighton (bar the cheap chains). Kroney is £4.30, Fosters £4.10 and Ale £3.90 plus discounts if you buy a four pint jug. Good luck getting four pints for £15 in any other venue/club in Brighton on a Saturday night.

quite, £4 for a can of piss in The Haunt

kano

Jun 17, 2011
£4.10 for a fosters isn't competitive with most of the pubs in central brighton.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
£4.10 for a fosters isn't competitive with most of the pubs in central brighton.

No, but there are some that charge more, that is for certain. If you buy four pints in a jug it is only £3.66 a pint, which certainly is competitive. My point really is that Komedia is far from being an overly priced place to drink in Brighton, which is the accusation being levelled at it earlier in the thread.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I thought it was only London pubs that took the piss,

What's Brighton's excuse then?

Beer in Brighton has always been more expensive than beer in London (certainly in the 20-ish years I've been able to compare the two). An average Central Brighton pub is about 20p a pint more than an average Central London pub and has been as long as I can remember. Conversely, I imagine the difference in price between pubs and bars (I don't frequent the latter) is probably a lot smaller in Brighton, so beer in London bars would be a bit more than in Brighton ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here