Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most expensive pint in Brighton & Hove

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Wouldn't be suprised if it ends up being a pound a pint soon.

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Big bottle of peroni in pizza express £6.50, Curry house in south wick £4.50 for cobra! Thought that was a bit much

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the Craft Beer Co., three of somthing draft wont see a note in change from a £20.

i remember when lagers like Peroni and Staropamen were cheaper alternatives to "premium" lagers like Kronenburg and Stella. i paid over £5 for Budvar at a bar in London last week, shame.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A couple of years ago I paid something like £3.95 for a half of something in Cask, just after it ceased to be The Hop Poles. The irony was that when the Hop Poles was closing down before being re-fitted they reduced the prices of lots of the special bottled beers including several Belgians. I had a couple of bottles of Dark Star's Imperial Russian Stout for about £2.50 a bottle, nectar !

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Big bottle of peroni in pizza express £6.50, Curry house in south wick £4.50 for cobra! Thought that was a bit much

You beat me to it with the price of the big bottle in Pizza Express, trouble is there is no other choice of beer in the place.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Can only assume the OP has never ordered draught Peroni before. It costs circa £5 a pint everywhere in Brighton that sells it and always has done. As it's known as a premium bottled lager they had to pitch it up when they launched it on draught in the UK to not cannibalise the bottle sales. Rest assured it's still far cheaper per ml on draught. Most I've paid for a pint of beer in Brighton is about £9. I wouldn't drink Blue Nun if I liked wine and I won't drink garbage as I like beer.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
A pint of XXXX in the local club is $7.00 to members, which converts to 4.15 pounds.
The average price for a pint in Perth is around $11.50, which converts to 6.82 pounds, so it's quite pricey here.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
There are some 'free of tie' pubs near me that charge over £4 a pint for shit beer that they don't keep well. Now THAT is a p'take.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
10.25 GBP a pint at Depeche Mode concert last night in UAE.

only had a couple

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Had a pint of Lowenbau at the grand. That came in at over a fiver.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If I was forced to listen to that depressing dirge I'd want to be semi comatose on heroin myself. That's only about a tenner for half a gram.
10.25 GBP a pint at Depeche Mode concert last night in UAE.

only had a couple

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the Craft Beer Co., three of somthing draft wont see a note in change from a £20.

Depends what you go for. They stock some of the cheapest cask ales in Brighton.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here