Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most expensive pint in Brighton & Hove

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Brighton and Dublin the most expensive place to drink in the British Isles.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Quite a bit cheaper than it is in Molly Malone's on West Street! I will be frequenting the Wick more from now on.

lol yeah much what l thought, and it IS good stuff. In a strange kind of way l'd rather pay good money for a pint of that, than inflated prices for say, a piss poor lager.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
lol yeah much what l thought, and it IS good stuff. In a strange kind of way l'd rather pay good money for a pint of that, than inflated prices for say, a piss poor lager.

This.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Telscombe Seagull

Aug 15, 2003
Burgess Hill
Not Brighton but a few years back we stayed at the Disneyland resort hotel at eurodisney ( the 4/5 star joint over the entrance) the upper bar there charged 20 euro for a french beer, less than a pint for sure!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Not Brighton but a few years back we stayed at the Disneyland resort hotel at eurodisney ( the 4/5 star joint over the entrance) the upper bar there charged 20 euro for a french beer, less than a pint for sure!

Welcome to France :wozza:

*Lived in Telscombe for the first few years of my life.

A pint in Paris is usually a pricey affair. People take advantage of happy hours when/where possible. A pint can range from 6 to 12 euros as far as i'm aware. Pitchers appear popular as well.

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Fell of a bar stool saturday in Holmfirth near Huddersfield and not just from all the beer in Doncaster during the day, when someone paid £5.40 for an Erdinger in Herveys! £5.40 FFS. Especially when in the head of Steam it's only just over £3.

As for Brighton jaw nearly hit teh floor when i bought a pint of Krusovice in the North Laine about £4.75 if i recall.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove

Got charged that sort of figure in a posh bar in the Champs-Elysees.
The bar staff waited at the door until we coughed up as they sensed we were thinking of doing a runner when our jaws dropped seeing L'addition.
A painful lesson learnt in not checking prices before hand.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Got charged that sort of figure in a posh bar in the Champs-Elysees.
The bar staff waited at the door until we coughed up as they sensed we were thinking of doing a runner when our jaws dropped seeing L'addition.
A painful lesson learnt in not checking prices before hand.

Not booze but i received a similar lesson a year or two ago next to the Vatican. My girlfriend and i walked into a nearby sandwich shop at lunchtime. We were rushed to our table by a member of staff. 2 rolls and 2 cokes. 40 euros later...

We live and learn.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Dublin is not in the British Isles Nibble.

I always thought it is. That it is not part of Britain, but is part of the British Isles.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Not booze but i received a similar lesson a year or two ago next to the Vatican. My girlfriend and i walked into a nearby sandwich shop at lunchtime. We were rushed to our table by a member of staff. 2 rolls and 2 cokes. 40 euros later...

We live and learn.

Don't even get me started on the price of soft drinks in pubs ! That subject deserves a thread of its own !:rant:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You could be correct, I just think of Ireland as a separate place.

It is a separate place, unless England don't qualify for a major football tournament and those from Eire do, of course...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here