Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mosques and churches

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Try a Polish supermarket. I have one near me NEXT DOOR to a LIDL. The Lidl was completely empty, but I came back with fresh veg, some nice potatoes and butter.

Loads of bread there too and a freezer stacked with frozen veg.

I was shopping at 7pm.

We will NEVER get Brexit done by frequenting Polish supermarkets. Fact. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
May I nominate this week's gormless chump of the week? :facepalm::wanker:

irony bypass.PNG

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That's a good idea. Even spice shops have been hit badly. There are Polish shops in Crawley.

Stay safe.

Before you go, go and google and write down the Polish names for things. I struggled a bit find the butter, it isn't that obvious.

I'm finding shopping a bit stressful in ground zero, but this one was packed with food. They do fantastic cooked sausage, meats and cheese. Chop a load up and put in the freezer.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Stay safe.

Before you go, go and google and write down the Polish names for things. I struggled a bit find the butter, it isn't that obvious.

I'm finding shopping a bit stressful in ground zero, but this one was packed with food. They do fantastic cooked sausage, meats and cheese. Chop a load up and put in the freezer.

If you get the chance visit Krakow. I've been 3 times and highly recommend it. Stay down in the Jewish quarter. Don't bother with Warsaw.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Friday 20 March 2020 at 11:40

"In light of the Government guidance around non-essential contact, the Archbishops of Canterbury and York have issued advice that public worship is suspended until further notice.

Churches should be open where possible but with no public worship services taking place. Prayers can be said by clergy and ministers on behalf of everyone and churches should consider ways of sharing this with the wider community.

1. Pause normal meetings for worship until further notice in line with Government Advice as a measure to help protect the most vulnerable.
2. Consider keeping the church open as a place for prayer and contact, with appropriate signage to remind people of the need to keep at least 2 metres apart.
3. Explore other means of sharing ministry including live streaming."

https://www.churchofengland.org/more/media-centre/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-churches

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If you get the chance visit Krakow. I've been 3 times and highly recommend it. Stay down in the Jewish quarter. Don't bother with Warsaw.

I went there under communism and have suddenly developed empathy with the shopping situation.

Not really, this is NOTHING compared to that. I remember having to boil the milk before drinking it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Friday 20 March 2020 at 11:40

"In light of the Government guidance around non-essential contact, the Archbishops of Canterbury and York have issued advice that public worship is suspended until further notice.

Churches should be open where possible but with no public worship services taking place. Prayers can be said by clergy and ministers on behalf of everyone and churches should consider ways of sharing this with the wider community.

1. Pause normal meetings for worship until further notice in line with Government Advice as a measure to help protect the most vulnerable.
2. Consider keeping the church open as a place for prayer and contact, with appropriate signage to remind people of the need to keep at least 2 metres apart.
3. Explore other means of sharing ministry including live streaming."

https://www.churchofengland.org/more/media-centre/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-churches

Mate. Crodo was fishing. He caught a Spence. Enough said. :thumbsup:

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Not sure why Mosques should close on their Sabbath when the pubs in Walton were rammed? Each to their own.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Not sure why Mosques should close on their Sabbath when the pubs in Walton were rammed? Each to their own.

Pubs shouldn't have opened after Boris's announcement at Friday teatime but it's widely.acknowledged the people who defied the ban are selfish pricks, but firstly why didn't Boris make a point of banning all gatherings at religious sites and secondly why haven't people who went to mosques and synagogues not called out the same?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Shouldn't even be a question. All mosques, churches, chapels, synagogues etc. should be made to lock their doors immediately, by order, and enforced.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
ironic really, Catholic mass in Italy and some Islamic ceremony in Iran are what caused explosions of incidence in those countries. where is their god?

if we have official banning of pubs and resturants, we should have official banning of religious gatherings too.

People gathering together enmasse anywhere can encourage the spread of covid-19,not only Churhes and Mosques.

It has absolutely nothing to do with God.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All pubs, all clubs, all restaurants have been told but most mosques have decided to close?? And how many churches have remained open??

The Archbishop of Canterbury asked the CofE churches to close. I’m free church and ours is closed.

How many churches have remained open Crodo, since you seem to know enough about it? We need facts, not wind ups.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Stay safe.

What if you don't live near a Polish shop? Getting to my nearest is a bit of a sklep...

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I heard from a friend that all Synagogues have now closed. Some services being done via Skype. Sounds very sensible from the Jewish community . Apparently in Jewish law , health always takes precedence over their religion .

Shame not all other religions follow this law !

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
my church has been closed for the past 2 weeks and are doing their services online

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
my church has been closed for the past 2 weeks and are doing their services online

I heard from a friend that all Synagogues have now closed. Some services being done via Skype. Sounds very sensible from the Jewish community . Apparently in Jewish law , health always takes precedence over their religion .
That is good and sensible. Now, all those places of worship that haven't closed their doors should be ordered to do so, by law.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Archbishop of Canterbury asked the CofE churches to close. I’m free church and ours is closed.

How many churches have remained open Crodo, since you seem to know enough about it? We need facts, not wind ups.

I'm not on a wind up and I don't know the number but if there is even 1 open mosque/church/synagogue open today it's one too many.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here