Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More Sussex Flags at the Amex next season Pleeeeeaaaase!

Sussaxon

Mar 19, 2014
Sussex
I just think it would be great to see more Sussex flags at the Amex. I've seen them on ebay for only £3.50 each!!!!

I don't necessarily mean in an 'ultras' style, but I do believe that lots Sussex flags would add some visual atmosphere to the Amex like supporters of foreign teams. They make use their local flags so effectively!...

Portland Timbers fans with Portland Flags...
View attachment 56250

Barcelona fans with Catalonia Flags...
View attachment 56251

DC United fans with Washington Flags...
View attachment 56252

Get those Martlets Flying!!!
View attachment 56253

Please note: The red 'East Sussex Flag' and yellow-topped 'West Sussex Flag' are the banners of East Sussex County Council from 1975-Present Day and the old West Sussex County Council from 1889-1975. They only represent the respective administrative bodies. The only flag which should used by residents within the county of Sussex is the six gold martlets on plain a blue background. This is the officially registered County Flag of Sussex and represents the people of Sussex, Sussaxons, rather than a administrative body, and does not require permission to display.

Think we are almost there...
CTpUeMGWIAIwQab.jpg:large

:clap2::bowdown::clap2::bowdown:

WeAreTheSWC

Dec 5, 2013
Falmer
Do the southstand h&s stewards still take the flags away from the kids before kick off ?

We're certainly not aware of this ever happening, do you have an example you can share? In our view we're lucky to have a group of stewards in The SWC who are completely supportive of the efforts being made by fans, and who go out of their way to help us.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Saw it happen quite a few times last season yes , as the fanzone finished they collected the flags , put them in a pile to be picked up at end of the game i presumed ?

WeAreTheSWC

Dec 5, 2013
Falmer
Saw it happen quite a few times last season yes , as the fanzone finished they collected the flags , put them in a pile to be picked up at end of the game i presumed ?

Apologies, we misunderstood your post! To begin with people were returning the flags straight after fanzone but we encourage them to keep hold of them throughout the game, and it's good to see them getting used more often now when we score etc.

It's also brilliant that the club themselves have come on board this season and provided a load of smaller flags for kids to wave.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Apologies, we misunderstood your post! To begin with people were returning the flags straight after fanzone but we encourage them to keep hold of them throughout the game, and it's good to see them getting used more often now when we score etc.

It's also brilliant that the club themselves have come on board this season and provided a load of smaller flags for kids to wave.

Ok thanks for clearing that up , from a outsider looking in it looked like the stewards were stockpiling the flags during the game which did not make sense after Tony Bloom saying he wamted a better atmosphere last season .

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Has anyone talked to Barber about increasing the honesty flag system across the stadium? Would be a great touch.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I bought a Sussex flag but could not find anywhere to hang it in WSU. So if anybody want to take it off me and hang it somewhere in the stadium your welcome to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here