Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More Sussex Flags at the Amex next season Pleeeeeaaaase!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.jpg

Took our flag along today started attaching it to the back of north stand Block A when a steward came up to us to tell us we couldn't put it up as we didn't have a fire certificate for it
In the week the club tell us to make "THE AMEX A WALL OF COLOUR" so I bring along a massive flag and get told to take it down, you really couldn't write it could you
Barber out!!! :)

Took our flag along today started attaching it to the back of north stand Block A when a steward came up to us to tell us we couldn't put it up as we didn't have a fire certificate for it
In the week the club tell us to make "THE AMEX A WALL OF COLOUR" so I bring along a massive flag and get told to take it down, you really couldn't write it could you

I've warned flag bearers ad nausium about this following the confiscation of an 8' Peacehaven flag at the Sussex senior cup final, that was deemed a fire risk despite 28000 empty seats. There is no consistency, for example, I don't believe who ever joined those small flags together that was passed over the heads in the NS yesterday has gone to the trouble of fire certifying it. If you want the job done properly get some lads together and get Barmy Flags to make you one, apparently the fire certified tag attached is sufficient. I designed and ordered the Connor 5 PTFC flag for this season, its 15' x 10, it was £172 but when you see the quality you know where your money went

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
View attachment 57165

In this day of Health and Safety bull***t I'm afraid you really could write it. After all we should know Mr. S.:facepalm:

I've always been surprised that no-one has come up with an Albion version of the Sussex Flag - 6 Seagulls in place of the Martlets. Anyone any good at design that could knock up a version to view?

Last edited:

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
View attachment 57165

Contact customer services? Thats what I do.

Sussaxon

Mar 19, 2014
Sussex
I've always been surprised that no-one has come up with an Albion version of the Sussex Flag - 6 Seagulls in place of the Martlets. Anyone any good at design that could knock up a version to view?

There's a reason for that!... It looks hideous! :facepalm:
sussex-flag-seagulls-small.png

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm quite tempted to email every club in the league and ask them to supply details of exactly how many flag fires they've had to deal with in their stadiums over the years.

The numbers must be extraordinarily high, judging by all this red tape.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
View attachment 57165

what a joke:nono:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm glad we are proud of our own flag that is almost * exclusive to us in professional football :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here