Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More important - Premier League or Europa

More important - premier league or Europa

• Total voters

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Europa League for me. Any silverware. We've not won anything and it's probably the most realistic route into the Champions League (although the new format sounds so dire, I'm not sure that's a blessing unless you find bank statements exciting).

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
This year's Premier league is basically a write off with the depleted resources so not expecting anything to much. Europa league for me as its totally alien to us and would be exciting to go deep into it.
It's possible that the EPL will only have 4 Champions League spots next season, thanks to the dire performances of Man Utd and the Saudis. That would still potentially mean 7 places available for Europe in 24/25, but for that to happen (I think) we'd need the League Cup winners to be one of the Top 6. Newcastle failed (AGAIN!) on that score last night, and one would think that Chelsea would struggle to make the Top 6 (please) - so there's only one team left in the League Cup which is likely to finish Top 6 (Liverpool). So, for the foreseeable future, I'm a Liverpool fan in both the League Cup and the Europa League, and will - against my better judgement - also be rooting for Man City, Arsenal, West Ham and Villa in Europe.

Given the strength of Aston Villa, the re-emergence of Spurs, and our absolutely crippling injury list, I'm finding it tough to believe we could scrape into the top 7. Hence, I'm plumping for the Europa League being more important....And, when it comes to the Europa League, we have more than two months before the next match (I'm realising more and more how important it was to beat Marseille last week).

Regardless of all this, we definitely need at least one, ideally two, Premier League ready players this January....but that will be incredibly difficult to pull off. I also think, given the unique way that De Zerbi plays, any incoming players will take time to adjust. If we can find a decent player who has previously played for De Zerbi, that would be ideal :)

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Currently, the focus has to be on the Premier League. If we can reach (approx.) 40 points before our first EL knockout match, then I believe that we will be comfortable in the league, and then (perhaps) we should put all our eggs in the Europa League basket.

We have seen the quality of our players, and they are more than able to win this competition - albeit, it will be tough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here