Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More important - Premier League or Europa

More important - premier league or Europa

• Total voters

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I keep seeing comments indicating that the Premier League is more important than Europa.

I don't see it that way. We can't win the epl. We could finish top 5 but that just means we go in the champions League. We can do that by winning the Europa.

Europa more important this season for me...

el punal

In my opinion the Premier League is more important, that sets the standard of how far we’ve progressed, and the recognition that goes with. Remember the Premier League is the most viewed football competition on TV throughout the world. The Europa League, although a real bonus to be in, is small fry until you reach the latter stages.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t see us winning any silverware so as high as possible in the PL for me, Europa could be fun, and delighted we are in a group with big clubs, but with the CL teams coming in later, no chance imo

I have already cancelled my Dublin hotel :wink:

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Win the prem, and then the CL - that’s the target.

Aim for the top, why bother with anything less?

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Good question. Would much rather finish 4th or 5th than have a gallant run in the Europa getting knocked out in the quarters and finishing 8th or so in the PL because of all the energy taken up by Thursday night games.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Europa League will also have a number of CL failures dropping into it after the group stage, so I don't see it as being as easy to win as say, the Carabao cup.
Should we be making the Carabao cup our priority?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Would love to match or better Palace's highest ever finish.
That would really piss them off.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I keep seeing comments indicating that the Premier League is more important than Europa.

I don't see it that way. We can't win the epl. We could finish top 5 but that just means we go in the champions League. We can do that by winning the Europa.

Europa more important this season for me...
It would be extremely difficult to win the Europa league. Statistically harder than winning the FA cup because there’s no league one standard teams in the competition. I would much rather do well in the PL and finish in the top 6 again than try to win a series of difficult knock out games

So for me the PL is the bread and butter and Europa is icing on the cake .

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Both important but the focus should be on the league IMO.

I was very disappointed by the AEK result, I'd sort of got caught up in our hype and believed we'd win comfortably. I think it was a much needed reality check that will benefit us in the end.

It seems the whole footballing world has been blowing smoke up our backsides and it would be hard for this not to have rubbed off on team and coaching staff, Thursday was a reminder that we're good but if we're not excellent we'll be punished.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Next season the new format for the CL creates even more money for the qualifiers. The 4 (probably 5) teams that qualify for it from England have an opportunity to pull away from the rest.

If, and it’s a massive if, we could scrape into the the top 5 it would be game changing for us.

So whilst I’m enjoying the Europa League I think the pragmatic priority for this season should be to finish as high as possible in the PL. Which is actually a sad state of affairs.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Got to be the Premier League. Seen tò many teams suffer their Premier League status through chasing Europe. Will still enioy the European journey while it is there

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
More likely to finish top 5 than win the EL.

On that basis PL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here