Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Moral Challenge - Daniel Khalife

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Presumably OP has confused their NSCs, and was thinking they were posting on the Criminals version. Easily done TBF.
On a similar theme whenever there's an article with the abbreviated British Horse racing Association in the headline I always - always - think it's about the Albion. Bloody BHA(the horsey not footballing one).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My argument is that we have a culture of deflecting blame which actually lets people off the hook. It's very much in the interests of the Prison Service to blame a high-profile cock-up on 'the government' or Sunak or anyone else that isn't themselves. The problem with blaming the government for everything is that people zone out and fail to blame the government for anything, including things they really are directly to blame for. It's very easy to blame the next bit of the chain along from us.

The prison officer assigned to guard duty that morning will blame his line manager who will blame his department who will blame the prison management who will blame the Prison Service who will blame the Home Office who will blame the Exchequer who will blame the Cabinet who will blame the PM.... We may as well blame the electorate for voting in this government...
I can assure you the whole Criminal Justice System has been completely run down since 2010. It was called austerity, but I call it criminal neglect. Pun intended.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
On a similar theme whenever there's an article with the abbreviated British Horse racing Association in the headline I always - always - think it's about the Albion. Bloody BHA(the horsey not footballing one).
Yeah, WWF was another, hence the legal dispute. IRA is another. And SME (in my previous profession at least).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
My argument is that we have a culture of deflecting blame which actually lets people off the hook. It's very much in the interests of the Prison Service to blame a high-profile cock-up on 'the government' or Sunak or anyone else that isn't themselves. The problem with blaming the government for everything is that people zone out and fail to blame the government for anything, including things they really are directly to blame for. It's very easy to blame the next bit of the chain along from us.

The prison officer assigned to guard duty that morning will blame his line manager who will blame his department who will blame the prison management who will blame the Prison Service who will blame the Home Office who will blame the Exchequer who will blame the Cabinet who will blame the PM.... We may as well blame the electorate for voting in this government...
for all we know a guard was bribed to turn a blind eye, not check the delivery vans that day.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
What is the non Irish Republican Army IRA?

And you may as well explain SME - I have no idea what either of the SME's are!
Individual Retirement Account - American in origin but familiar to anyone old enough or sensible enough to learn about pensions. And Subject Matter Expert/Small or Medium (sized) Enterprise. If you don’t know any of these, well done on having a life.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just when I thought you couldn't be anymore stupid than you already are....you did it...!

Congratulations.....you have raised the bar.
Gold star for you - go the prized prick corner. What other things have I posted that are stupid ? Clearly, given you posted another prize prick post on another thread on the same day you got out of bed the wrong side.

As for the other questions, he's been in prison on remand since May, yes MAY .... someone is in prison for months without being found guilty. 20% of people on remand get a sentence involving no prison time. 10% of people on remand get found not guilty. I wonder if those saying they'd shop him would have done the same if Andrew Malkinson had gone on the run ? I don't trust our legal system or the police enough to start shopping ALLEGED criminals. So no, I would have shopped him if I'd seen him.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Maybe that's the OP's moral challenge, that he voted for this and now doesn't like the results he actually got :wink:
Problem with your statement is that nobody bar a handful of Conservative members voted for this government. Maybe ask our resident racist Councillor or Timmy if they voted for this government ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gold star for you - go the prized prick corner. What other things have I posted that are stupid ? Clearly, given you posted another prize prick post on another thread on the same day you got out of bed the wrong side.

As for the other questions, he's been in prison on remand since May, yes MAY .... someone is in prison for months without being found guilty. 20% of people on remand get a sentence involving no prison time. 10% of people on remand get found not guilty. I wonder if those saying they'd shop him would have done the same if Andrew Malkinson had gone on the run ? I don't trust our legal system or the police enough to start shopping ALLEGED criminals. So no, I would have shopped him if I'd seen him.
When someone is a security risk, they are remanded in custody. The charges are terrorism, and already thrown out of the army, but according to you, he should’ve got bail!
maybe, just maybe, the judge who remanded him, knew what he was doing?

You can also be assured MI6 would be involved

Last edited:
Reactions: cjd

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Would you shop him if you saw him for the £20k ?

Remember he's not been found guilty of anything yet.
I think your point is invalid.
BUT as ex armed forces I'm inclined to think where there's smoke etc.....
This guy has allegedly planted fake IED's at a military base and a suspected terrorist.
So why the need to escape if innocent ???
His arrest was on my doorstep and near the gym we used to frequent.
The tow path he was on is an attraction for families.
So im glad he's been caught, just another terrorist scumbag off the street.

Last edited:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

So by your figures (not verified obviously) 90% of people on remand are found guilty of a crime, it means nothing if those guilty verdicts result in prison time or not. For starters those not imprisoned it is usually because the time served on remand is taken into account, other disposals include tagging, suspended sentences, conditional discharges, community based sentences to name a few. The 10% you say are found not guilty is not the same as being found innocent. On the balance of probabilities the vast majority of people on remand therefore are there because they deserve to be there and/or need to be there. Why any reasonable law abiding person would NOT shop anyone who absconded from prison whilst on remand suggests to me by default that they are not a reasonable law abiding person themself. Despite my own reservations about the police, CPS and law and order in general (and I work in the said system!) I'm more than happy to have alleged serious offenders held on remand. Your view seems to suggest everyone regardless of what they are accused of should be allowed to walk free until found guilty, that makes you as dangerous as them in my opinion.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Problem with your statement is that nobody bar a handful of Conservative members voted for this government. Maybe ask our resident racist Councillor or Timmy if they voted for this government ?

At the last election you said that you voted for 5 years of this Government in order to get what you wanted (NOTE: Government, not PM) and the conservative members that you mention voted for the other one as PM and got this one by default :wink:

And not wishing to appear pedantic, but he has actually been in prison on remand since January and would have been over the 6 month legal limit, had the government that you voted into power not extended the legal limit :facepalm:

And if you don't trust our legal system or the police, voting in a Government that will cut their resources further seems a strange way of addressing the issue.

Not covering yourself in glory ???

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
As for the other questions, he's been in prison on remand since May, yes MAY .... someone is in prison for months without being found guilty. 20% of people on remand get a sentence involving no prison time. 10% of people on remand get found not guilty.
oh....I know, I know...bless them all.

Look at how long that poor Lucy Letby was held on remand....shocking..! If we had done the decent thing and let her out pending trial she could have killed more babies. A lost opportunity, thanks to the keeping them on remand eh...?

You do of course know that many of the delays in court cases are so the case against those who are criminally charged are due to the absolute necessity to make sure that no loop holes are left open ?

Anyway, crack on with your nonsense....often brings a wry smile to me when I see some of your postings

Goldstone Guy

Nov 18, 2006
Hove

I do see what you mean but don't really agree. If the prison officer guarding Khalife didn't do their job properly just because they couldn't be bothered and wandered off to chat to their mate you would have a point. I don't know anything about the prison service (looks like Thunderbolt does though) but suspect the reality is more like this: The prison officer guarding Khalife also has to guard another inmate at the same time who's in a different location (due to understaffing at the prison). The officer has to do a "risk assessment" to decide which inmate is more likely to try to escape and focus their attention on this inmate, leaving the other one on their own. There's only one set of working handcuffs, so the part of the process where the inmate should be handcuffed can't be done (someone else needs the handcuffs more), the officer doesn't have a full set of keys (not enough sets) so has to go the long way round to get help and raise the alarm, etc etc etc. This is the kind of thing that happens when a service is underfunded and understaffed.

FWIW I strongly suspect any organisation that has a no-blame, open and honest, learn-from-mistakes culture is much more productive or gives a better service than an organisiation which tries to blame individuals when things go wrong (not sure what the evidence on this shows). Staff in a "blame culture" will spend most of their effort trying to cover themselves and avoid blame rather than doing stuff which is productive. I think this is pretty much exactly what's wrong with MPs - they do work in a blame-by-media environment so their focus at work is avoiding blame and incriminating themselves. They avoid giving a direct answer to any questions during media interviews for example. The public are the ones that consume the let's-find-a-scapegoat-and-blame-someone type media which we have this country and I agree with your last sentence.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think your point is invalid.
BUT as ex armed forces I'm inclined to think where there's smoke etc.....
This guy has allegedly planted fake IED's at a military base and a suspected terrorist.
So why the need to escape ???
His arrest was on my doorstep and near the gym we used to frequent.
The tow path he was on is an attraction for families.
So im glad he's been caught, just another terrorist scumbag off the street.
What I want to know is why was he on your doorstep …he use the bell or door knocker and what will be doing with the 20k

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here