Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Moral Challenge - Daniel Khalife

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
If the prison officer guarding Khalife didn't do their job properly just because they couldn't be bothered and wandered off to chat to their mate you would have a point. I don't know anything about the prison service (looks like Thunderbolt does though) but suspect the reality is more like this: The prison officer guarding Khalife also has to guard another inmate at the same time who's in a different location (due to understaffing at the prison). The officer has to do a "risk assessment" to decide which inmate is more likely to try to escape
Sorry mate but that's just a total fantasy. Neither you nor I have any idea what the circumstances were but there is every chance that the officer "didn't do their job properly" not because they couldn't be bothered but
because the inmate in question had won his trust. That's what happens. There's also the strong possibility that someone was bribed to look the other way. It's a very well known fact that most drugs get into prisons through prison officers. Trouble is of course, if you say that the officer is to blame because he's corrupt someone else will say "ah but he wouldn't be tempted if he was paid much more so the blame lies with the government". It goes round in circles with no one ever admitting it's their fault. It's quit possible that it's the government's fault for underfunding AND the fault of a corrupt officer AND the fault of an incompetent prison management. It's this need to blame 'the government' for everything that I find lazy and oversimplistic. Worse, it lets too many others off the hook.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
When someone is a security risk, they are remanded in custody. The charges are terrorism, and already thrown out of the army, but according to you, he should’ve got bail!
maybe, just maybe, the judge who remanded him, knew what he was doing?

You can also be assured MI6 would be involved
But why remand him in Wandsworth? Surely Belmarsh would have been more appropriate?

Admittedly I've not kept up with this story, but something doesn't appear to quite add up. Except the incompetence/dodgy stuff at Wandsworth bit. That makes perfect sense.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Gold star for you - go the prized prick corner. What other things have I posted that are stupid ? Clearly, given you posted another prize prick post on another thread on the same day you got out of bed the wrong side.

As for the other questions, he's been in prison on remand since May, yes MAY .... someone is in prison for months without being found guilty. 20% of people on remand get a sentence involving no prison time. 10% of people on remand get found not guilty. I wonder if those saying they'd shop him would have done the same if Andrew Malkinson had gone on the run ? I don't trust our legal system or the police enough to start shopping ALLEGED criminals. So no, I would have shopped him if I'd seen him.
Would you want a member of the public to shop an individual who had allegedly caused great harm to one of your family?

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Interesting documentary on Gold last night how he did it, apparently there was a Prisoners v Celebrities football match on and the driver got kidnapped and tied up in the bog, a fake driver apparently went to get petrol and he escaped at this time. He was apparently caught after stealing a vicar’s pushbike while pretending to be training for a boxing match on his way BACK to the prison to sneak back in via the beer cellar.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interesting documentary on Gold last night how he did it, apparently there was a Prisoners v Celebrities football match on and the driver got kidnapped and tied up in the bog, a fake driver apparently went to get petrol and he escaped at this time. He was apparently caught after stealing a vicar’s pushbike while pretending to be training for a boxing match on his way BACK to the prison to sneak back in via the beer cellar.
Good old Ronnie Barker.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
No one likes an Iranian agent :shrug:
I’ve nothing against Iranians tbh. I’ve had the pleasure of having lunch with a couple on more than one occasion. Thoroughly nice people.

I didn’t realize this chap has already been tried and convicted for espionage :shrug:

Guilty until proven guilty I guess? ???

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I've listened to a lot of people opining about this case and it always makes me think something similar - there is a small handful of people who know the full details of the case against the kid. Those people made the decision to keep him inside - that's generally enough for me to assume there's a reason that decision was made.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I've listened to a lot of people opining about this case and it always makes me think something similar - there is a small handful of people who know the full details of the case against the kid. Those people made the decision to keep him inside - that's generally enough for me to assume there's a reason that decision was made.
Highly unusual to put a suspected spy in Cat B prison though. Belmarsh is the usual place for these suspects.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I’ve nothing against Iranians tbh. I’ve had the pleasure of having lunch with a couple on more than one occasion. Thoroughly nice people.

I didn’t realize this chap has already been tried and convicted for espionage :shrug:

I think most should be happy if he has a trial.

Going on the run isn't that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Seems like a bit of a daft Walter Mitty freak of a kid. Britain's Most Wanted my arse :lolol:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Apologies if I've missed it, but has this been addressed by the players involved at all? Why was he not at Belmarsh?
Original reports said he was first held at Belmarsh, that was quickly denied by the authorities.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
A grass is someone who was involved in the crime but then told the police or gave evidence against his fellow-crooks. The people who testified against Lucy Letby, for example, aren't grasses. They're witnesses.
That depends on where you are. Some areas you just never talk to the police without being known as a snitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here