Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
More likely that Arsenal stand a decent chance of winning a league title and Moises could be part of that, at just 21.
Who knows what will happen but it really wouldn’t surprise me if this backfires on Arsenal. I doubt there’s a coach that wants Caicedo more than Potter. Chelsea have the money and have shown they’ll spend it. This has opened the door for them to pounce with a ridiculous offer and, remarkably, not even look like the bad guys. Could be Mudryk 2.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whilst I understand resentment about this we are no different in how we actually get these players, I suspect there is even more anger from their fans when the realisation dawns they sold the player for only £6m yet we sell them for £60m plus.

As stated in this thread this is a massive food chain so unless we are repeatedly in the Champions League, win the league regularly and also cup competitions we really have to live with this.

Or alternatively stay as a lower league club.
In an earlier post, someone said Caicedo’s former club will get 30% of the sale profit.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
Do German clubs really adjust a contract like that, with benefits to the player and nothing at all for the club? Seems a bit weird. We could offer him more money and add a release clause for him, but there'd have to be something for us, like an extra year.
The benefit to BHA would be a happier/richer player and recognition that his status in the team is far above his current contract, whilst not holding him back.
He is perfectly right to seek out more money in a short and elite career.
BHA are perfectly right to say wait until summer.
This would mean waiting to summer and also club saying we recognise what you do..

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
100 million and we talk, until you are in that ball park there is nothing to see here. Move on and come back in the summer.

The club have told MC to stay away until Tuesday and then focus on the remainder of the season.

Club then have time to plan and recruit ahead of his inevitable departure in the summer.

Totally relaxed with the situation TBH, the only disappointment is his hissy fit and badly advised social media post means he misses the Liverpool game as a result.

IN BLOOM WE TRUST #UTA

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Whilst I understand resentment about this we are no different in how we actually get these players, I suspect there is even more anger from their fans when the realisation dawns they sold the player for only £6m yet we sell them for £60m plus.

He wasn't worth £60m when he left.

Independiente Del Valle will be getting 20% (some say 30%) - a HUGE sum for them.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
We will have to agree to disagree. I am very much of the opinion that we always operate in a particular way in the transfer market which is why we sell at our asking price.

Hope you’re right. It’s the first time I think this will be properly tested. I think we had to take less than we’d have liked for Trossard based on his behaviour but this is a different level. Trossard was nowhere near as important as Caicedo is.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In an earlier post, someone said Caicedo’s former club will get 30% of the sale profit.
Fair play to them for inserting that clause but the principal is the same either we accept this is what happens when you are a smaller Premier League club or we just bugger off back to the lower leagues where we were - Pompey at home anyone ?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It really doesn’t become irrelevant. Would suggest it’s naïve to think otherwise. We simply aren’t going to put ourselves in a position - if our price isn’t reached - of having a player a disruptive and unhappy player sat on our books not playing and losing value.

The only thing which is in our favour is that this feels very agent driven and we might be able to re-integrate him as the window closes so soon.
He isn't going to lose value between now and the summer. If he had 18 months on his contract then yes that would be a risk but he has 2.5 years. He'll be worth the same in the summer as he is now even if he doesn't kick a ball again for us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it's a clever move from the club. It takes him away from the rest of the squad - as Bozza said, it's almost certainly a reaction to his agent telling them he wouldn't be in anyway - and it gives his agent no leverage. What's he going to say - Moises won't play for the rest of the season? No chance. Wait it out and if Arsenal offer £100m then fine.

I'm not sure anyone expected Caicedo to turn up to training this morning all cheerful as if nothing had happened.

"Get up to much last night, Moises?"

It's a standard move in the Force-a-move playbook to not turn up for training. The Abion have called his bluff.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He wasn't worth £60m when he left.

Independiente Del Valle will be getting 20% (some say 30%) - a HUGE sum for them.
See my previous response

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here