[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Absolutely zero chance of Chelsea buy our midfield in January unless it is for £100m+ each.

We are just getting going now and have the opportunity to have our best ever finish in the league, Bloom likes a deal but the previous sales have given him the financial leeway to resist hostile bids in this window. If (and it's a big IF) Trossard wants out then he'll let him go instead. Moises and Ali are both appreciating assets whose value should continue to rise if we have a successful season, the interests of the club both on and off the pitch would be served by keeping both.

Also if and when the time comes for both Moises and Ali to move on they will prefer a more stable set up than Chelsea to go to. I wouldn't be surprised to see PSG make a move to take MacAlister to reunite him with Messi for instance

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I do enjoy the stories which go something along the lines of "Chelsea are interested in buying Moises Caicedo". Of course they are. I'm interested in spending a night in the bed of Jennifer Lawrence, doesn't mean it's likely to happen.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Caicedo would be mad to consider anything to do with Chelsea. He'd be going from a well run, happy progressive team to one under pressure, with a manager likely to be kicked out. Also a manager who admits didn't believe in him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Caicedo would be mad to consider anything to do with Chelsea. He'd be going from a well run, happy progressive team to one under pressure, with a manager likely to be kicked out. Also a manager who admits didn't believe in him.
Exactly. If I was in charge of player retention at Brighton I'd have massive posters of Potter and Cucurella up in my office as proof that leaving doesn't guarantee anything, seemingly it doesn't even guarantee a higher league finish or cup run in their case on current form.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Liverpool should be his move if he stays in this country. Don’t think they can afford him.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I do enjoy the stories which go something along the lines of "Chelsea are interested in buying Moises Caicedo". Of course they are. I'm interested in spending a night in the bed of Jennifer Lawrence, doesn't mean it's likely to happen.
Maybe she runs an AirBNB...? :shrug:

Dec 29, 2011
Moises Caicedo is an absolutely sublime player. Less than 12 months ago he was still playing at Beerschot and now he is the focal point of our team, dominating teams full of world class players. At just 21 he's essential to how we play and there are probably less than 5 players of equivalent level in the world who could do his job.

He has every attribute to be the best midfielder in the world and I'm already worried we will never truly recover from losing him when he inevitably leaves. I'm enjoying it while I can, because talent like this comes along to our club once in a generation.

larus

If we could qualify for Europe this year, maybe he could be tempted to stay for another season.
This appears to be close-knit group and seeing how some others have fared since leaving may be enough to persuade him to hold back on that next move. He’s still young too, so another year won’t be that much of an impact to his career.

If that were to happen, next season could be even better. The young players will be even better then.

Never been a better time to be a fan. Tony Bloom must be so happy - what a successful club he’s building.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bloom needs to hold his nerve and say enough is enough for this window. And offer Caicedo what he wants for a new deal

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
This is where I wish Bloom and Barber would toughen their language up a bit. Just make it clear that he will not be sold at any price in January but that the situation will be revisited in the summer. Just put it to bed.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This bloke claims to be a journalist (whatever that means now) but seems to make up news about Chelsea and Chelsea only.
File under nonsense
Boehly spent time with a fans group and journalists today so it’s probably come from him unfortunately

Amexarmadillo

Dec 22, 2021
There is zero reason to sell Moises this window for any money, and if TB goes there will be a huge huge disappointment to everyone involved in our club. I just couldn’t even conceive he would rugg pull RDZ in that way when we are on such a high. The money will still be on the table in the summer if not more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports