Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The real lesson from the deal Is that Chelsea are desperate and will pay whatever it takes to sign players other teams want. Ergo, we add at least 25% on any asking price where they are involved.
250% did you say? Yes, yes I agree.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The real lesson from the deal Is that Chelsea are desperate and will pay whatever it takes to sign players other teams want. Ergo, we add at least 25% on any asking price where they are involved.
Anyone think this is a project that is tailor made for Potter? Tears and a big payoff will be the end result imo

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Anyone think this is a project that is tailor made for Potter? Tears and a big payoff will be the end result imo
I think the really Intriguing thing will be how he manages the players when the majority of them are fit.
I think I read that if they sign two more players this window they'll have a squad of 35. That's nuts. Totally nuts. How do you get rid of Pulisic, of Ziyech (who actually played well today), of Havertz (who scored today) and if they don't leave how do you fit them all in? How do you know your best team when you're having players thrown at you every window? It's so not Potter. The whole thing is so odd.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the really Intriguing thing will be how he manages the players when the majority of them are fit.
I think I read that if they sign two more players this window they'll have a squad of 35. That's nuts. Totally nuts. How do you get rid of Pulisic, of Ziyech (who actually played well today), of Havertz (who scored today) and if they don't leave how do you fit them all in? How do you know your best team when you're having players thrown at you every window? It's so not Potter. The whole thing is so odd.
Agreed, I think Potter is a very good manager but Chelsea is way out of his comfort zone surely? That club needs a massive personality with the expectations and money being thrown at the squad, Potter is not that man.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Agreed, I think Potter is a very good manager but Chelsea is way out of his comfort zone surely? That club needs a massive personality with the expectations and money being thrown at the squad, Potter is not that man.
I don't know if anyone is. I just don't think this approach is manageable. Look at Newcastle and how they've handled the money, look at Man City and their refusal to pay more for Cucu. You have to have some kind of plan, some boundaries. And I guess you could argue that they're at least signing young players, but there's no bloody room for them. Even the Real Madrid Galacticos thing seems little more than a vanity project in hindsight. I feel sorry for Potter, weirdly. He's totally misread the room IMHO.
EDIT: Interesting to see Potter's comments after the game today. Basically telling the board to slow down on transfers. Not sure Macaulay and Winstanley are having much part in a lot of these.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we could qualify for Europe this year, maybe he could be tempted to stay for another season.
This appears to be close-knit group and seeing how some others have fared since leaving may be enough to persuade him to hold back on that next move. He’s still young too, so another year won’t be that much of an impact to his career.
Youhaven't really got inside the heads of a young PL footballer and his agent, have you?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Caicedo won't want to go and play for a bang average mid-table side with no chance of European football next season.
Ahem .......... would you like £150K a week, amigo? Can be a surprisingly seductive chat-up line, I'm lead to believe (though sadly I've never experienced it first hand!)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Chelsea actually did say no to Enzo in the end so they have some kind of boundary. That was around £100m. I don't think we should be letting caciedo go for any less than that this window

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Ahem .......... would you like £150K a week, amigo? Can be a surprisingly seductive chat-up line, I'm lead to believe (though sadly I've never experienced it first hand!)
Depends what other offers and going to come forward in future.
Will Man Utd (the club he openly admitted supporting) put a bid in the summer and pay the same wages and probably be able to offer champions league? Moises comes across as a sensible lad and I’m sure would think long term rather than jumping at the first offer (that’s even if an offer is made and accepted)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He could get similar with a club that will win things if he waits a while.
Yup.

This is merely disruptive gossip, not helped by the fact that the lad appears to be between agents. We have no obligation to do business this window, and I highly doubt he's the sort to withdraw labour if we refuse offers considering he has his Ecuador amigos right here. We might consider in the summer if we have a replacement lined up, but if we get to Europe then it's one more season with us before on to his choice of Barca, Madrid, Bayern or Man City.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Depends what other offers and going to come forward in future.
Will Man Utd (the club he openly admitted supporting) put a bid in the summer and pay the same wages and probably be able to offer champions league? Moises comes across as a sensible lad and I’m sure would think long term rather than jumping at the first offer (that’s even if an offer is made and accepted)
Yes, agree with that, and would be happy for him to do that (providing the price is right for us) - despite some flakey times (and some very flakey fans) United are a proper club and Ten Hag is giving every indication of being a top manager. Sensible planning, good progress, and financial security for life guaranteed.

But you and I (I presume I can include you) are not young professional footballers already on tens of thousands of pounds a week, with avaricious agents whose eyes only light up for £ signs - and advise their young clients accordingly. 'Jam tomorrow' (even if tomorrow's jam is potentially far better than the jam on offer today, instanty, now) just isn't in their vocabulary.

£150K a week? Only reason to turn that down (even if it means joining a shit club with more money than class) is if you think you can push them to £200K a week!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This. Chelsea may have gone large on spending ahead of UEFA rules coming in from 2023 . Doubtless an army of lawyers are being lined up so the clubs can just ignore the rules, but perhaps Chelsea are being a bit savvier.
They ruined the game in 2003 and they're out to ruin it again

A fool and his money will soon be parted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here