Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
God, I hope we keep him at least until the Summer. I want to see what this team can achieve before it is (once again) raped by the money-bags of the Prem.
Agree.

I think Brighton would be able to replace him reasonably well (as proven by how other departures have been replaced) but it will be difficult to find this level of greatness every time. There won't be many occasions in the future where two of the best ten central midfielders in the world are playing for Brighton, so it would indeed be a shame if they did not get one single full season together.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
God, I hope we keep him at least until the Summer. I want to see what this team can achieve before it is (once again) raped by the money-bags of the Prem.
He ain't going anywhere this window...

It would have to be absolutely stupid money, and even then I would insist they loan him back to us for the rest of the season.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I assume someone at Chelsea is keeping a track of it all. These ridiculously long contracts (for Mudryk and Badiashiele) are obviously part of the plan to stay within FFP. But surely they MUST be up against the limits soon?! And if they want to start offloading players they have to be careful about the potential losses they are likely to incur eg: I assume they had to loan out Lukaku rather than sell him, as the huge loss on any sale would hit them hard. They may be in the same boat with Sterling....will they get close to the circa £50m they paid for him? Maybe they'll make some money on Gallagher if they sell him to Palace.....although tbh I think Gallagher is a pretty decent player if they play him in the right position.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
£75m would make Moises the 7th highest PL transfer ever . I think his value to Brighton is nearer £90m , it would be very difficult to replace him .

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I assume someone at Chelsea is keeping a track of it all. These ridiculously long contracts (for Mudryk and Badiashiele) are obviously part of the plan to stay within FFP. But surely they MUST be up against the limits soon?! And if they want to start offloading players they have to be careful about the potential losses they are likely to incur eg: I assume they had to loan out Lukaku rather than sell him, as the huge loss on any sale would hit them hard. They may be in the same boat with Sterling....will they get close to the circa £50m they paid for him? Maybe they'll make some money on Gallagher if they sell him to Palace.....although tbh I think Gallagher is a pretty decent player if they play him in the right position.
Looks like the data driven model with the academy has gone out of the window and it’s back to the early days of chelsea throwing their money around

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Also a huge gamble with length of contracts. Cucu isn't going as well as expected. Only need 2 or 3 of these long contacts to nor work out and you've got the Gareth Bale at Madrid scenario.

Players who refuse to move but are on mega money.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I think if they don't make CL every year in the next 3 years they are going to be in trouble. Or do what City do send just have really good litigious lawyers.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Interesting that one of the rent a gobs on Sky’s transfer show just said Chelsea will probably wait until the summer before making a move for a midfielder.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Interesting that one of the rent a gobs on Sky’s transfer show just said Chelsea will probably wait until the summer before making a move for a midfielder.
Interesting, and hopefully correct. Wouldn’t be surprised if Moises goes to Chelsea then but allows us to get someone in to replace him and target some other additions to add to the squad. Hopefully after having a stellar season where we get Europa qualification.
We’ll obviously lose Moises at some point but another 20 league games would be very nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here