Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We know what Chelsea will do, they will do what City did for Cucu and come in with a low offer and unsettle the player.

Only reason he will want to go to Chelsea is for the money, they won't be in the CL next season unless they win it this season. Shows a lack of ambition if he wants to go there.

Ben Jacobs is also a Chelsea mouthpiece helmet.
He’s a Leicester fan

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Problem being, I could see us being open to instalments (to beat FFP) if the overall price is right
Transfers are usually paid in instalments over years.

The physical cash flow side of transfers has no impact on FFP calculations.

Instead it’s the club's accounting losses, which regarding players are affected by the annual amortisation of transfer/agents fees in acquiring the new player and of course their wages.

Last edited:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Transfers are usually paid in instalments over years.

The physical cash flow side of transfers has no impact on FFP calculations.

It’s the accounting losses, which (regarding players) is affected on the annual amortisation of the transfer and agents fees in acquiring the new player and of course their wages.
Thanks, odd then that Chelsea stalled because they wanted to pay in instalments if it doesn’t affect FFP, maybe it affects their day to day cash flow though

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thanks, odd then that Chelsea stalled because they wanted to pay in instalments if it doesn’t affect FFP, maybe it affects their day to day cash flow though
Was that for Enzo or Caicedo?

Possibly just a cash thing, didn’t want to hand over £107m to Benfica now. Most clubs don’t, it was Benfica knowing that they had Chelsea over a losing football barrel.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That's a good question and something I was thinking about earlier this week. We see stories about Trossard/Caicedo/Mac Allister being on the radar of Moneybags FC but I don't recall seeing any posts about Brentford and the only Fulham player I've seen mentioned is Mitrovic. Yet these two clubs are punching above their weight, just as Brighton are. How do they stay out of the headlines?
I think part of the problem is that, Albion are a victim of their own success.
Whilst in the Championship, TB made us PL ready, regarding stadia and training facility.
The fantastic recruitment set up, bringing unknown players from all corners of the globe, and nurturing them into better players.
Most of the other PL clubs seem to want to pay £millions into ready made players, rather than through academies.
So in hindsight, others see what the Albion have done and are doing and feel they can plunder at will.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Love the replies on that Twitter thread form plastic Chelskis. They all seem to know everything about Caicedo… tend to value him around £30m-£50m - clueless 🤣

I know it depends on the player and how silly the offer is but talking about Caicedo going / even his value is annoying. He’s internally only just broke into the team and is a kid. Deffo be best for him to stick around 3+ years to develop his career - see Cucurella as an example of what could happen if you jump too early to the bigger boys.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Love the replies on that Twitter thread form plastic Chelskis. They all seem to know everything about Caicedo… tend to value him around £30m-£50m - clueless 🤣

I know it depends on the player and how silly the offer is but talking about Caicedo going / even his value is annoying. He’s internally only just broke into the team and is a kid. Deffo be best for him to stick around 3+ years to develop his career - see Cucurella as an example of what could happen if you jump too early to the bigger boys.
I think one of the things we're seeing too perhaps is that the performance of some players is hugely contingent on the environment of the club, something every player and pundit praises. Cucurella clearly benefitted from the nurturing and family environment of Brighton and his performances reflected that. The absence of it at Chelsea has affected him badly. Maybe he didn't realise the value of it.

The players that make a success moving "up" from us are going to be the ones for whom that's not needed. Have to hope - for their own sake as much as ours - that players like Caicedo have more awareness of everything that contributes to their success.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The concerning thing, as mentioned is him appointing new representatives and agents last month. Generally you’d only do that if you’re expecting 1) a new contract 2) to move club in the near future. Given agents earn money from those 2 events, I hope it’s the former

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The concerning thing, as mentioned is him appointing new representatives and agents last month. Generally you’d only do that if you’re expecting 1) a new contract 2) to move club in the near future. Given agents earn money from those 2 events, I hope it’s the former
They also earn money from commercial deals that are signed. I’d imagine Moises can earn a fair few ££ from advertising and appearances.

File the latest rumours under the same as the previous rumours - tomorrows chip paper

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
IIRC there were previous issues regarding him having multiple representatives. Something which I believe put Manchester United off pursuing a deal, but something we were able to overcome and sign him.

Him getting a new agent now might be nothing more than him tidying up his own messy situation. Potentially with a view to negotiating a better contract with us, rather than to immediately find a new club.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
When Chelsea have all their squad fit, it becomes a massive challenge trying to get in that side regularly.
They will have a lot of high maintenance players who will be hard to keep happy if not playing.
Potter's biggest challenge is cutting down some big trees whilst not creating a mutiny (he's starting with Auba).

For the sake of Moises development and his international career I'm not sure Chelsea is the best place for him.
His best decision would be to stay at Brighton for another 18 months.
But if Moises cannot resist an immediate massive pay day I reckon Liverpool would be a better fit for him.
I can imagine him getting far more playing time at Anfield and being noticed around the world more than at Chelsea.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

£30m? Absolutely insane.

I think the club would definitely have a ‘special’ Chelsea price and that would be £100m+.

I’d like to think they’d not be stupid enough to pay that amount but you never know. He has more potential than Fernandez IMHO.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
IIRC there were previous issues regarding him having multiple representatives. Something which I believe put Manchester United off pursuing a deal, but something we were able to overcome and sign him.

Him getting a new agent now might be nothing more than him tidying up his own messy situation. Potentially with a view to negotiating a better contract with us, rather than to immediately find a new club.
You're absolutely right. I'd forgotten about the messy agent thing from before.

You look at Chelsea, the hard time Potter, Bruno and Cucumber are having, compare that to the Brighton set up (with his mates here) and you can't see any reason for a 21 year old to jump ship right now.

Apart from money. But that might not be his entire immediate motivation, unlike others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here