[Albion] Moises Caicedo - New contract signed until summer 2027 with 1 year extra option.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Anyone know if this bloke is reliable?

Bit too much talk now. I said somewhere that laughing at Chelsea not getting Enzo is understandable, but that them not getting him might not be great for Brighton.
"Chelsea are big admirers of Caicedo"

Pffft, that's like saying I'm an avid fan of Katie Prices driving skills.
Chelsea are only sniffing around as Potter cannot look any further than his nose over the fence at Lancing.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Jacob Steinberg is reliable yes but I think it’s fairly obvious Chelsea are interested in Caicedo anyway.

I don’t understand this line we keep reading about Caicedo being slightly easier to get than Mac Alllister? Both their contracts run to a similar length don’t they?

With our current position and their desperation, I wouldn’t consider less than £100m at this time.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Chelsea probably pushing this as they know he has new reps coming in who want him sold £££

Club just need to dig in unless it's a 100m plus.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Surely they are running out of money, at risk of failing FFP?
The Chavs have never played by the rules, they defined them ….. an effective free for all and they can afford teams of expensive City lawyers to bully UEFA.

Boehly has predictably carried on where Abram left off. A world record spend of £280m last summer, already ‘names’ have signed for them in this window.

Sadly the cheating will mean wins and a climb up the EPL, whoever the coach is.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
"Chelsea are big admirers of Caicedo"

Pffft, that's like saying I'm an avid fan of Katie Prices driving skills.
Chelsea are only sniffing around as Potter cannot look any further than his nose over the fence at Lancing.
I’m trying to think of a Big Six team (+Newcastle) that would not improve having Caicedo in their starting lineup.

Liverpool - 100% yes.
Manure - 100% yes.
Spuds - 100% yes.
Chelsea - 100% yes.
Newcastle - 100% yes.

Not so sure about Man Citeh but surely he is a better bet than the stuttering Fat-Phillips and Arsenal are clearly doing alright for now.

In conclusion, there are at least 5 of the richest clubs who are surely ‘big admirers’ of Caicedo.

I hope TB tells them all to F.O. if they come-a-sniffing.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Jacob Steinberg is reliable yes but I think it’s fairly obvious Chelsea are interested in Caicedo anyway.

I don’t understand this line we keep reading about Caicedo being slightly easier to get than Mac Alllister? Both their contracts run to a similar length don’t they?

With our current position and their desperation, I wouldn’t consider less than £100m at this time.
Easier because it appears caciedo is appointing new reps to get him more more money and/or sold. Probably, preferably sold with a monster contract somewhere else.

Maccer is a bit more down to earth and relaxed about the situation.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

If Chelsea enquire, we should quote the Fernandez buy-out fee at them (£106m ?).

I’d be really upset if they pay it though. He is exactly the sort of player who’d drag them back into the top six. Chelsea is the last club (well maybe second to last after Palace) I’d like to see Caicedo at.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m trying to think of a Big Six team (+Newcastle) that would not improve having Caicedo in their starting lineup.

Liverpool - 100% yes.
Manure - 100% yes.
Spuds - 100% yes.
Chelsea - 100% yes.
Newcastle - 100% yes.

Not so sure about Man Citeh but surely he is a better bet than the stuttering Fat-Phillips and Arsenal are clearly doing alright for now.

In conclusion, there are at least 5 of the richest clubs who are surely ‘big admirers’ of Caicedo.

I hope TB tells them all to F.O. if they come-a-sniffing.
Spurs won’t spend the best part of £100m on a DM/box to box midfielder. Plus they’re awash with non-goal scoring midfielders already.

Citeh fans thought Kalvin Phillips was atrocious last night and generally has been. Rodri and Gundogan are light years better than him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

I think Caicedo has expressed a bit more interest in moving on than Ali Mac has. Certainly didn't rule out a move in January when he spoke to Ecuadorian media before the World Cup.

Also think he's a bit more of a player that some teams would pay astronomical fees for at the moment.

If Chelsea would be willing to pay what they were willing to pay for Enzo, TB might listen.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't Brentford or Fulham have some players that will fill headlines?

That's a good question and something I was thinking about earlier this week. We see stories about Trossard/Caicedo/Mac Allister being on the radar of Moneybags FC but I don't recall seeing any posts about Brentford and the only Fulham player I've seen mentioned is Mitrovic. Yet these two clubs are punching above their weight, just as Brighton are. How do they stay out of the headlines?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
We know what Chelsea will do, they will do what City did for Cucu and come in with a low offer and unsettle the player.

Only reason he will want to go to Chelsea is for the money, they won't be in the CL next season unless they win it this season. Shows a lack of ambition if he wants to go there.

Ben Jacobs is also a Chelsea mouthpiece helmet.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
That's a good question and something I was thinking about earlier this week. We see stories about Trossard/Caicedo/Mac Allister being on the radar of Moneybags FC but I don't recall seeing any posts about Brentford and the only Fulham player I've seen mentioned is Mitrovic. Yet these two clubs are punching above their weight, just as Brighton are. How do they stay out of the headlines?
Fulham team is old (ish)

Brentford players aren't that great. They are punching well above their weight.

Brighton play in a big six style and have ridiculously good youngsters.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Toney would have been the obvious one but has a fair few off the field issues to deal with. A little surprised Mbuemo isn't starting to attract some interest given his age.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I think Caicedo has expressed a bit more interest in moving on than Ali Mac has. Certainly didn't rule out a move in January when he spoke to Ecuadorian media before the World Cup.

Also think he's a bit more of a player that some teams would pay astronomical fees for at the moment.

If Chelsea would be willing to pay what they were willing to pay for Enzo, TB might listen.
Problem being, I could see us being open to instalments (to beat FFP) if the overall price is right

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
We know what Chelsea will do, they will do what City did for Cucu and come in with a low offer and unsettle the player.

Only reason he will want to go to Chelsea is for the money, they won't be in the CL next season unless they win it this season. Shows a lack of ambition if he wants to go there.

Ben Jacobs is also a Chelsea mouthpiece helmet.

So Ben’s basically a bit of a **** then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports