Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mister Bobby Sanchez

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Ryan said he understood Potter's preference for Sanchez wasn't a "personal attack" on him, but suggested Brighton's winless run since his omission indicated he wasn't the problem.

"I knew it wasn't down to me that the team hadn't been winning and I guess what's happened since confirms that," he said.

???

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Majestic.

BOB1.gif

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
(3) That claiming of the cross at the end. No fanning about, no punching: just came steaming through a crowd of players, plucked it out of the air then stood there going "what were you worried about?". I bet the defenders are totally in love with a keeper who confidently does stuff like that. Me: I leaped off the sofa, punched the air and went "****ing YES, Bobby", causing my snoozing cat to jump off his beanbag in considerable alarm.

After Maty’s first season I did hear from a sauce the Dunk and Duffy were pissed off Maty never came off his line. I bet the defence really loved that last night. That video clip. Made it look so easy.

kjgood

Hes made a huge difference to the team, the defence obvously trusts him and he comes and catches the ball at corners. I dont really want to get into the Matty wasnt tall enough debate, but it's clear that a taller keeper commands the box better in my view.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Too tall, Potter OUT.

:jester:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I think all his positive points have been covered, but what I like in particular is that he takes the pressure off of the 'press' by his often long and quick distribution. Most of the short passing in or around the box has disappeared and the opposition 'press' with it. So much more positive all round.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm sure someone on here - or in that awful Latest TV show - said the team were pissed off about Ryan going.

I'm guessing it's bollocks but, if not, I wonder how they're feeling now after four clean sheets? [emoji848]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Majestic.

BOB1.gif

Sanchez clearly thinking “That’s mine.” and he’s so cool he was thinking that calmly with a full stop and not an exclamation mark.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A truly wonderful goalkeeper and potentially the best we've ever had at the club. I just feel so much more comfortable with Sanchez between the sticks; and it looks as if the team feel that way as well. What a presence to have in the box.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Majestic.

BOB1.gif

Thank you for finding the clip and sharing it.

There is something about that moment that is so defining in our current situation.

There's a global pandemic, we're worried about the health of our friends and family, the whole world's turned binary and our beloved football club had until recently not been getting the results we all think they had deserved.

Then just like Batman, a young caped crusader comes flying from nowhere to take control of the situation and allows us all to relax and breathe more easily secure in the knowledge that our future is in safe hands.

We love you Big Bobby Sanchez!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Great clip.

To clean out Adam Webster takes a bit of doing.

It was a very early decision to come that far.

What i'd hope is that someone is dropping back to the line for those in case he misses one

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
As much as I loved Maty Ryan, and the man was fantastic for us, Sanchez has brought in some much needed qualities to the position. I would guess that Ryan isnt coming out for that ball, leaving the possibility for a goal mouth scramble heart in mouth moment.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I love how much Ben White seems to be smiling on the pitch and everything. After the Spurs game, when he sees Sanchez catches it there. Nice.

Agreed, was a big call but Potter obviously saw the qualities Sanchez had and it wouldn't surprise me if there had been a discussion with Dunk, Webster etc

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Majestic.

BOB1.gif

It's probably just slow motion making it look this way, but Robertson (? - the guy preparing to head the ball) looks like he's thinking 'wtf happened to the ball, it was just there and I was gonna head it and now it's gone'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here