Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mister Bobby Sanchez

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Everything he does looks so cool. No coincidence that the defence is so much better and has its confidence back. So commanding. Love our Spanish Bob

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Flap? Nah. That was a cleverly disguised pass to Dunk(?). He directed it away from goal in a way that no Liverpool player was expecting, took the sting out of it, put a little back spin so it didn't go out for a corner, allowing Dunk (?) to collect it before it went out. If anything, Dunk (?) not being smart with it and playing it out toward a Liverpool player was the problem there. :thumbsup:

magic arry potter coached im to do that :clap2:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
When he came and took that corner in the 93rd my god what a hero. Absolutely incredible.

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Glenn Murray thinks he can be Spain's number 1 - who are we to argue? Another commanding performance, and his concentration looks superb - long periods of inactivity and he doesn't lose focus

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Ryan and Sanchez have both played 11 games in goal each for us this season now.

Maty Ryan in 11 games: 16 saves, 2 clean sheets, 19 conceded.

Big Bobby Sanchez in 11 games: 28 saves, 5 clean sheets, 10 conceded.

All the talk of exciting young players coming through the youth academy and none of us realised we had a Premier League quality keeper sitting in the U-23’s twiddling his thumbs. He’s only going to get better too.

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
Jumped to my feet screaming "I F**king* love you Sanchez" with that claim.

I'm so much calmer during the game with him in goal. That save from Firmino (even though he was offside) was top class too.

Play just slows down for him. Seems to have so much more time on the ball because he's THAT calm

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

All the talk of exciting young players coming through the youth academy and none of us realised we had a Premier League quality keeper sitting in the U-23’s twiddling his thumbs. He’s only going to get better too.

indeed, he is worth many, many points

i'm not bobby's dad, by the by

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Agreed, one slight critique, a few of us did recognise that we needed to replace the goalkeeper. I’ve been calling it since the end of last season.

As someone who took a lot of abuse from Matty Ryan fans for, possibly over 6 months, I feel obligated to say that.

Unbelievable faith from Potter to pick Sanchez though. And I’ve loved him as a keeper since his first game. Real talent, utter class.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
To come into a struggling side and make your PL debut having completed loan spells at forest green rovers and Rochdale to not only perform but unseat the clubs number one and then go on to look like a top 10
PL keeper who oozes confidence and class.

This lad has balls of steel and has grabbed his chance with both hands. What he has achieved this season is nothing short of remarkable

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

No, no, no, sorry, you're not concentrating on NSC well enough. We absolutely had to go out and get a PL experienced keeper in in January if we were going to let Ryan go, or face inevitable relegation. Remember?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I actually celebrated the claim more than the goal.
It was far from easy, but he handled it superbly.
It was a moment of utter beauty

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I've just seen West Ham's goals. I reckon Martinez will be very disappointed with two of the goals.

But don't worry that he didn't join us, because we've got Big Bobby Sanchez!
(And £22million better off)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
It’s no coincidence our upturn in results have happened with Sanchez in the team - he kicks long when needs to, he comes out for crosses, his distribution is spot on, our defence seems far more comfortable and confident- master stroke by Potter

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I said 4 years ago he had the best distribution of any keeper at the club. The way he picked out DB every time was superb, and how beautiful to see him pluck that ball out of the air in added time:bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here