Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mister Bobby Sanchez

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Majestic.

BOB1.gif

Strange movement from White - I want to know if anyone was behind him on the line or was he just that confident of Sanchez claiming it!? Poss playing for offside but would rather he covered line!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My wife was not present in the room during much of the second half. I was explaining to her at tea tonight just how special the move and build up to the goal was. And she said 'what about the second goal?', 'What second goal?' I asked. 'I'm sure I heard you shouting and jumping around twice'. 'No' I replied ' that was....etc'

LOL.

‘Yesssssssssssssssssssssss’

‘Oh have Brighton scored again ?’

‘No, Liverpool corner, Sanchez caught it’

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
There's a great interview with him on the official site. He makes it pretty clear why he was brought in to replace Ryan.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I looked on there a few days ago (FG one) search Sanchez and there’s some negative comments - but many who appreciated he was young and had some harsh pens given against him etc...

See post #110 - the penalties mostly weren't harsh!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nobody on the Rochdale or FGR forums have a bad word to say about him. I was under the impression he wasn't good at FGR? ???

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/268416/super-sanchez/#8

https://forum.fgr.co.uk/post/exfgr-players-and-managers-10629102?&trail=300

Also Rochdale seem to have the loan system all wrong and have failed to point out they made Sanchez and he’s Dale through and through... :shrug:

He’s alright Bazunu, but Sanchez is another level.

We should be rightly proud of our club for how much Sanchez developed & bettered himself during his time with us last season.

If you remember his early days we were all on pins every time the ball went near him such was his casualness & calmness in his own box. He made a few errors & cost us a few goals but to his credit he learned from those mistakes & is now rightly regarded as one of the best young keepers in the world!

He comes across as a fantastic bloke on his social media & I wish him all the success for the rest of his career.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Having watched the claim approximately 2000 times now, it strikes me that most keepers would be punching that.
The ball is in front of him, so he has to claim and bring the ball back in to safety.

Do we think Sanchez has a natural preference to catch rather than punch?

Or am I talking shit?
fairly likely as I know even less about goalkeeping than I do about football generally.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact he's 6'6, meaning he has a height advantage anyway added to the fact he's got a good jump reach and can use his hands.

A question though, Wikipedia says his name is Robert Lynch Sánchez and seeing as he joined us at 15, is he half British?

Salty_Seagull

Quality over quantity
Jul 2, 2015
Brighton/Hove
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but alongside his calm demeaner and his obvious ability at claiming crosses he also has an absolutely massive BOOT on him. Remember him kicking it straight to Liverpool's keeper at one point.

I'm dreaming of him being Ederson-esque and pinging passes to our forwards at some point, assisting a goal in the process.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I looked on there a few days ago (FG one) search Sanchez and there’s some negative comments - but many who appreciated he was young and had some harsh pens given against him etc...

Sorry, they were stone-wall. He had an unfortunate habit of going for everything, and when he didn’t get there ‘chasing’ the ball, which resulted in him taking the player as well.

Thankfully doesn’t do that now, but that’s why we are so good with the loans and learning.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry, they were stone-wall. He had an unfortunate habit of going for everything, and when he didn’t get there ‘chasing’ the ball, which resulted in him taking the player as well.

Thankfully doesn’t do that now, but that’s why we are so good with the loans and learning.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, I haven’t seen them I was going on a couple of posts on their forum. But great he seems to have learned from his loans. It’s rare that players don’t improve on loan at lower league clubs, then there’s the odd case like Ben White who went from terrible to amazing in his first game at Leeds after just a few weeks training.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
[tweet]1357379479363088384[/tweet]

Edit: just noticed I'm 2 day's late with this and it's already been shared. I'll leave it up in case anyone missed it first time round :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here