[Albion] Mister Bobby Sanchez

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The claim from the corner at the end was something else, supreme confidence

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Can't wait to be back at the Amex.

Roaring him in as he takes up position in front of the North Stand for the first time.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If I had the chance to swap with any other keeper in the Premier League I wouldn't swap. Bobby all the way

Ok that's bollocks, maybe only 2 though

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I just like the way he comes for and catches crosses, rather than the current trend among most keepers of punching or flapping, given it immediately takes the pressure away.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Have to give credit to Potter on this one as well I think. Though many of us wanted the change, it’s still a big call to ditch your experienced international GK for a 23 year old rookie half way through the season. Lots of managers wouldn’t have done (including his predecessor I suspect).

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Agreed, one slight critique, a few of us did recognise that we needed to replace the goalkeeper. I’ve been calling it since the end of last season.

As someone who took a lot of abuse from Matty Ryan fans for, possibly over 6 months, I feel obligated to say that.

Self indulgent drivel. Thank you for feeling so obligated to do your critiquing.. :mad::laugh:

Sanchez has been a breath of fresh air.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Have to give credit to Potter on this one as well I think. Though many of us wanted the change, it’s still a big call to ditch your experienced international GK for a 23 year old rookie half way through the season. Lots of managers wouldn’t have done (including his predecessor I suspect).

[emoji106]

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Defence seems to have grown massively in confidence since the switch. For a young keeper he has made the step up so well.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Rob Sanchez take a bow mate , you just shut out Liverpool at Anfield . How does it feel to be considered one of the best keepers in the league after half a dozen games ? . :cool:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Three superb moments for me.

(1) Goes towards a ball that might or might not trickle out of play in the first half. Firmino was going after it but took one look at the approaching giant Spaniard and thought "Nah".

(2) A quite immense crossfield pass to somebody (probably Burn), also in the first half, when under pressure. Immediately put us in a good position.

(3) That claiming of the cross at the end. No fanning about, no punching: just came steaming through a crowd of players, plucked it out of the air then stood there going "what were you worried about?". I bet the defenders are totally in love with a keeper who confidently does stuff like that. Me: I leaped off the sofa, punched the air and went "****ing YES, Bobby", causing my snoozing cat to jump off his beanbag in considerable alarm.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
If I had the chance to swap with any other keeper in the Premier League I wouldn't swap. Bobby all the way

Ok that's bollocks, maybe only 2 though

I'm intrigued and possibly as pissed as you. Cant think of two better keepers to be honest. Yes there are keepers of merit but one I would swap for young Bobby? Struggling to name one really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here