Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mirror says replacement lined up is Oscar!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I would love this scenario with Poyet saying how much he enjoyed his time at the club!

Agree with this would like to see a statement on these lines:

Following intensive talks yesterday BHA have mutually agreed to release Gus Poyet from his contract & would like to thank him
For what he has done for the club. Brighton have appointed xxxxxxxxxx as their new manager.

Can see this happening
Gus wants out , Bloom wants Gus gone. This would save loads on legal fees & face for both parties.

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
I would love this scenario with Poyet saying how much he enjoyed his time at the club!

Just my opinion but if you think about it makes the most sense,
Gus doesn't want to do anymore damage to his reputation & if he is released from his contract makes him more attractive for other clubs. The club need this sorted so we can get on with next season. I can't see the club wanting to this to drag on unless they have an airtight case against Gus, which I doubt.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Ok, so we have substantial meat on the bone to these rumours!

Go Tone go!

Is it too early to get excited?

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Oscar - how many of you had even heard of this kid before he was linked with the Albion job - just because hes played for Barca and won a mickey mouse trophy doesn't give him the credentials to manage a club of our stature... It's really annoying when we listen to people saying yes this would be great blah blah yet you probably know sweet F all about his career to date. Surely a talent like Di Matteo should be favorite, someone who has won trophies and knows the English game?!

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Oscar - how many of you had even heard of this kid before he was linked with the Albion job - just because hes played for Barca and won a mickey mouse trophy doesn't give him the credentials to manage a club of our stature... It's really annoying when we listen to people saying yes this would be great blah blah yet you probably know sweet F all about his career to date. Surely a talent like Di Matteo should be favorite, someone who has won trophies and knows the English game?!

He's Spanish, young, highly rated and was inthe running for the Barca job. You don't manage Barcalona's youth team unless you have something about you. I reckon he is gonna be ace. IF he comes that is!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

I can't really see us acrimoniously parting company with Gus and then giving his job to his best mate. In terms of 'credentials' OGJ has better managerial ones than Gus did when he got the job, and that worked out OK.

OGJ all the way.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

We are still perceived as a small club , an ex champions league winner would never manage us at the stage we are at .

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Well he won the israeli league last year at a club that were placed 6th the year before and had never won it. The Israeli league is 5 places higher than the Scottish Premier in the UEFA coefficients list. Would you be happy with a certain Celtic manager?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here