Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mirror says replacement lined up is Oscar!

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
how many had poyet managed?

We took Poyet on when we were a division further down and playing at Withdean now we have just missed promotion to the PL, I thought we would be looking for someone with more experience.
Oscar seems to be a superb coach but he has little experience as a manager and none in this country, if he is the man to take us forward I wonder if he will need someone close with English Football experience.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
His reason for resigning suddenly at Tel Aviv is not your run of the mill resignation bollocks, he sounds like he's either been threatened or almost bombed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are we sure we've got the right Oscar Garcia?

Fitness and conditioning coach - Oscar Garcia
The experienced Oscar Garcia joined Swansea in July 2012 as part of Michael Laudrup's backroom team as fitness and conditioning coach.
Oscar, 38, has 17 years of experience in the sports science field and arrived from top French club Monaco.
After learning his trade in the amateur game, the Madrid-based Sports Science graduate joined Spanish club Numancia before spending three years at Getafe.
Having worked for 12 months under Laudrup at Getafe, the Spaniard moved with the Dane to Spartak Moscow before moving to Monaco where he spent the last six months.

http://www.swanseacity.net/team/Staff_Profiles/

Oh dear god NO.
That only says one thing to me, and I couldn't handle The Albion being ripped apart.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Cant be lined up surely. Even a casual conversation with him and we'd be liable to be sued.

Educated speculation

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Guardian is saying we have him lined up as well if you search on Google.

I'm not sure how the Guardian manage to come to the conclusion that Gus was working with a relatively tight budget? Looking at the players Gus had to work with there's no way that squad was cheap to put together and as much as I do admire a lot of the work Gus did it does beg the question of how he never managed to get that squad promoted. Never mind the play offs they should have been good enough for a top 2 spot.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
I wander how well he knows the likes of Vicente, Orlandi, Ulloa, Calde, Bruno & Spanish Dave? Could be the perfect fit to keep those boys happy and maybe bring a few more Spanish speaking flair meisters to the squad. Hope it's true.

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
By John Cross
BRIGHTON have lined up their next manager – even before current boss Gus Poyet’s future is resolved.

Poyet (above) yesterday attended a disciplinary hearing and will discover his fate today after being suspended by Albion for comments he *allegedly made after the club’s play-off defeat to Crystal Palace.

But Brighton have already turned to former Barcelona midfielder Oscar Garcia, who managed Maccabi Tel Aviv last season.

Oscar (inset), 40, quit his club last month and has been lined up by the Seagulls to replace Poyet.

There is no way back for Poyet at Brighton but he is *determined to clear his name, and the LMA insists the *allegations against him are “unfounded”.

The Uruguayan has a £2million buy-out clause written into his Brighton contract but the disciplinary case thwarted Wigan’s attempts to appoint him before they turned to Owen Coyle.

Poyet will be keen to resolve his future at Brighton and return to management as quickly as possible.

So perhaps today we will get a statement from the club to end this mess

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I now hope we don't get to know any details - pointless to focus on the bitter ending - just a brief statement saying he is leaving - not dismissed - thanking him! and wishing him well for the future. And then we move on.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't understand this "He news some English football experience" viewpoint. It's been proved time and time again that Continental football beats English football more often than not. So why would we want someone with experience of the worse version?

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
I now hope we don't get to know any details - pointless to focus on the bitter ending - just a brief statement saying he is leaving - not dismissed - thanking him! and wishing him well for the future. And then we move on.

Agree with this would like to see a statement on these lines:

Following intensive talks yesterday BHA have mutually agreed to release Gus Poyet from his contract & would like to thank him
For what he has done for the club. Brighton have appointed xxxxxxxxxx as their new manager.

Can see this happening
Gus wants out , Bloom wants Gus gone. This would save loads on legal fees & face for both parties.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here