Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mirror says replacement lined up is Oscar!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Well happy if that happened to be true.

Even though I had no idea I inhabited the same planet as the bloke, a week ago.

Thats how these things go, 6 months ago I was wetting my pants over VVD, now he's off to Celtic and backwater football, I think he's a donkey.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Naylor finally coming up trumps, with this from an OGJ insider..

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 2m "There is nothing in England for Oscar, not for now. Brighton still have a manager." Not for now is the intriguing bit.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Barcelona B who play in the Spanish equivalent of the Championship, and Maccabi Haifa. For me the only question mark is whether he is a good man manager and things along those lines, I'd be confident in his tactics and ability to attract quality players from what we know of him.

I think he only managed their youth team, not Barcelona B?

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
The Guardian also has an article just released which puts a pro Poyet Spin on the whole saga. Names Oscar Garcia as likely new manager. It's on the News Now site for those that use that.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He's managed twice, Barcelona B and Maccabi. He's also coached the likes of Pique, Iniesta, Pujol, Busquetts and so on through his work coaching, so to say that he lacks experience is perhaps a bit unfair. Granted, he's no Alex Ferguson but he's worked with some very good players.

He's worked under Johan Cruyff, and impressed him enough for him to advise his son to hire him at Maccabi. Added to that he'd maintain the Spanish link, and know arguably more Spanish talent than Gus did.

I'm keen, but then again i've a 5'er at 12/1.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
I know it was widely posted on here ages ago and as much as its only Paper Talk seeing it from a national just seems more believable....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 2m "There is nothing in England for Oscar, not for now. Brighton still have a manager." Not for now is the intriguing bit.

aye, thats smelling of "we cant say anything until other matters are delt with, nudge, nudge, wink, wink".

Wikipedia says prior to Maccabi he was assistant to Cruyff as Catalonia national team (whatever that is) and Barca youth (not B) for a couple years. i will be enquiring with Barca fan in the morning.

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Heres the article from the Guardian:

Brighton & Hove Albion have lined up the former Maccabi Tel Aviv manager Oscar García as Gus Poyet's potential replacement.

Poyet, who was suspended by the Championship club last month for alleged breach of contract, attended a disciplinary hearing on Thursday that was aimed at resolving his dispute with the chairman, Tony Bloom. It is expected that an announcement regarding the findings will be made on Friday.

But there appears to be no way back for Poyet at the club he joined in November 2009 for his break into management and the pressing issue concerns the terms of his departure. He is under contract until 2016 and it could cost Bloom around £2.5m to pay him off. Bloom does not want to pay.

It has not been made public precisely how Poyet is supposed to have breached his contract. Working with a relatively tight budget, he took Brighton to the Championship play-offs, where they lost to Crystal Palace in the semi-finals and, afterwards, he displayed his frustration when he wondered whether he had taken the club as far as he could. It is clear, however, that his breakdown with Bloom has been total.

Brighton are ready to turn to García, the 40-year-old Spaniard, who played for Barcelona and coached their youth team for two seasons. He joined Maccabi in May last year for his first post in senior management and led the club to their first league title in 10 years. But he announced his resignation days later, citing personal reasons.

"Some circumstances in life transcend professional matters and I have been forced to suddenly take this decision," he said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here