Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minutes Silence

Thanks for the dig. Once the applause stopped it was immaculately observed but was not for the traditional minute.

I agree with others that it wasn't done to be deliberately disrepectful.

But you had to start a thread about it.

Nobody who applauded were trying to do anything other than show respect.

You however have have tried to be better than they are.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What happened? Thought there was going to be a minute's silence after the sounding of the last post but some numpties decided to applause and a load more copied them. Personally, think it was a poor show.
It wasn't a poor show, people just got confused, it wasn't a lack of respect.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Impeccably observed by Hunemier, a German, I wonder if James McLean did the same at the WBA game.

I don't think the two players' positions are comparable

And increasingly representatives from the enemy countries are being involved in remembrance events.
Firstly, plenty of Germans in my experience and of my vintage (early 60s so much older than Uwe) have seem to have carried a collective guilt about world war 2.
Secondly, plenty of Germans died in the war, too.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The announcement was confusing, bit of a shambles really.

What was confusing?

RR said there would be The Last Post, followed by a period of silence and that would end when the buglers played Reveille.

So when did the period of silence happen that people thought meant we'd already had Reveille?

On a final point, I didn't think the MK fans started the clapping, but they were certainly the last to stop.

It disappoints me that people don't know the basics of Remembrance, to be honest. Nobody should need to be told how it works.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hold on a minute. You start a thread criticising other Brighton fans for not knowing what Last Post and Reville is.
I pull you up on it
I'm stalking you.

Pathetic.

To be honest, you don't really need to know what the music is. The announcement was that there would be a piece of music followed by a period of silence (traditionally a minute) then a further piece of music. I'm not criticizing people because they didn't know The Last Post and Reveille. Nobody was being disrespectful.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Exactly mate, it's not a hard thing to get right - they've been doing it for years. Over complicating things for no reason.

Agree. Think the club have done a good job with the wreaths and inviting veterans representing both teams etc but might need a little tweak for next year.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What was confusing?

RR said there would be The Last Post, followed by a period of silence and that would end when the buglers played Reveille.

So when did the period of silence happen that people thought meant we'd already had Reveille?

On a final point, I didn't think the MK fans started the clapping, but they were certainly the last to stop.

It disappoints me that people don't know the basics of Remembrance, to be honest. Nobody should need to be told how it works.

If you want 20,000 people do what someone says you have to make it simple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here