Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mindless vandalism of a defibrillator at Buxted FC

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Some context is required, when I was 16 I was going to away games with my mates, I’ve seen it all train windows smashed, fire extinguishers let of on trains ( what if there was an actual fire) mindless vandalism a regular occurrence by Albion fans older than us at the time. I’m guessing some of them post on here some maybe even calling for blood on this thread. The point the majority have all done irresponsible things as young men, let’s not forget that before we call for over the top punishment.

Sure, but I've never smashed up expensive medical equipment that could save someone's life. Nor have I ever destroyed someone else's property :shrug:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
With youths, a community sentence called a Youth Rehabilitation Order with requirements such as curfew and unpaid work are usually far better at turning them around and getting them to see that there are consequences. Imprisonment (and I'd be very surprised if this is considered to have crossed that threshold) is demanded as a knee-jerk reaction by people who don't really understand the purposes of sentencing nor appreciate how ineffective it often is; Yes it would punish them and shit them up a treat but is much more likely to put them on a path to further offending.
These are youths and are dickheads, no question, but as Justice said, a lot of us were dickheads in our youth. If this were my son doing this, I would be mortified, ashamed and disappointed but I wouldn't want him duffed up or electrocuted.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Some context is required, when I was 16 I was going to away games with my mates, I’ve seen it all train windows smashed, fire extinguishers let of on trains ( what if there was an actual fire) mindless vandalism a regular occurrence by Albion fans older than us at the time. I’m guessing some of them post on here some maybe even calling for blood on this thread. The point the majority have all done irresponsible things as young men, let’s not forget that before we call for over the top punishment.

Another sensible post.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That’s Tasha and Weasel.

The names I’ve been give are ‘Kerry’ and her cousin ‘Kurtan’. I won’t mention their mucky surnames as that is just too low; they could be traced and lynched.

In light of the recent Euros incident, you’d hope that each are given a minimum of 10 years.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With youths, a community sentence called a Youth Rehabilitation Order with requirements such as curfew and unpaid work are usually far better at turning them around and getting them to see that there are consequences. Imprisonment (and I'd be very surprised if this is considered to have crossed that threshold) is demanded as a knee-jerk reaction by people who don't really understand the purposes of sentencing nor appreciate how ineffective it often is; Yes it would punish them and shit them up a treat but is much more likely to put them on a path to further offending.
These are youths and are dickheads, no question, but as Justice said, a lot of us were dickheads in our youth. If this were my son doing this, I would be mortified, ashamed and disappointed but I wouldn't want him duffed up or electrocuted.

TBF, I don't think anybody's suggested this!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sure, but I've never smashed up expensive medical equipment that could save someone's life. Nor have I ever destroyed someone else's property :shrug:

There are other people than you though, less morale and less perfect and who perhaps are doing or did do more dumb shit. Plenty of those turned out to be alright in the end anyway.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are other people than you though, less morale and less perfect and who perhaps are doing or did do more dumb shit. Plenty of those turned out to be alright in the end anyway.
Those who 'are doing'. by definition, haven't turned out alright.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
This has made me so angry, can't concentrate on work now.

I just cannot fathom why they did it, with glee, and with the final insult of spitting in the box. It wasn't as if they were 2 drunk lads at the end of a heavy evening (still no excuse), they looked sober. I'm utterly disgusted, I hope they feel real genuine shame and are made to pay (literally) for their actions.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The timing can't be a coincidence. Are they Arsenal "fans" horrified that one saved a former Spurs player? If that is the case then Broadmoor could genuinely be the best option as that is psychotic.

My working theory was that they had done the lot on Denmark. If that is true - and it is pure speculation - I doubt it will make the next "When the fun stops, stop" advert.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
1.4 million views on Twitter and on bbc news page - shame it’s for a negative story but as I said, all publicity and all that!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Oh dear oh dear, l only hope you aren't selected for jury service. :ffsparr:

Indeed. Doesn’t help that I know who they are and they’ve got previous - I’d certainly be bias if I was selected.

5befa63ebea489dc575f3680c2f999bb.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah lets turn them suicidal or filled with feelings of revenge. That'll help society.

I have always said that if anyone hurt my family I would feel like I'd want to plot my revenge, with a scale disproportionate, but I'd expect the state to stop me. We have organized ourselves into a society to protect and promote individual advantage through co-operation, using laws to mark the boundaries of deviance.

Unfortunately there is a strong streak through the Brits of taking the law into one's own hands, and demanding disproportionate retribution with a strog element of punishment, and this is typically justified as being the deterrent that would have prevented it happening in the first place.

This pair of fools didn't think about consequences.

Unfortunately, again, the average taxpayer isn't keen on the expense that would be needed to bring young people to a point where they won't reoffend, and would rather see them locked up (and if someone buggers them or kills them, tough) to be released later where the chances of a 'lesson learned' are no greater than the chance they will be hardened, do worse crime, live off benefits, or kill themselves.

Yes, my id wants blood and revenge, but I try to ignore my id. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

I have an examiner's meeting now. Later I may post an ingenious punishment I thought up (remember, I acknowledge that my id seeks retribution).

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
If they haven't caught Miss Piggy yet, surely a stake (bake) out at Greggs would be a good start?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unfortunately, again, the average taxpayer isn't keen on the expense that would be needed to bring young people to a point where they won't reoffend, and would rather see them locked up (and if someone buggers them or kills them, tough) to be released later where the chances of a 'lesson learned' are no greater than the chance they will be hardened, do worse crime, live off benefits, or kill themselves.

Yes, my id wants blood and revenge, but I try to ignore my id. :shrug:

I don't think anybody sees incarceration as a cheap option to community service and probation!

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Hard to imagine what must go through someones mind to do this sort of thing , there's simply no defending these two , iv'e no idea of the maximum punishment available for such blatant destruction of property but i hope whoever dishes out the punishment gives them the maximum sentence available by law .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here