[Football] Mindless vandalism of a defibrillator at Buxted FC

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No idea but it doesnt sound like a bad idea.

Not what I'd expect in a country where teachers could legally beat children in school until the late 90s though - a mentality that seems well and alive from reading this thread.

If it’s any comfort, in reality in England it stopped decades before that. At school by the mid-70’s, only headteachers could smack. Very soon after that it was stopped altogether.

Just 5 years before that any teacher, in temper or against someone they had a vendetta, could smack or use a ruler to hit kids with.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Should be a punishment to fit the crime, for a start they should pay for a new defibrillator and make public apologies for their actions.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Very strange.
At first they seem to be smashing it because they are looking for a particular component.
The lad stumbles a bit so it looks like drink our drugs are involved.
Then it's all very strange at the end with the actual cabinet.
Did they put a phone in to take a video from inside the cabinet or were they starting a fire?
All very strange and most likely drugs of some sort involved.

D

Deleted member 2719

Clearly a very bad move at any time, but this surely had to be premeditated whether drugs or drink were involved.

Instances like this should be dealt with locally, no police needed.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Should be a punishment to fit the crime, for a start they should pay for a new defibrillator and make public apologies for their actions.

Totally this. Suspect they will get a small fine and bound over to keep the peace, but why shouldn't they be made to pay for a new one themselves - THE TOTAL COST!

It might make them think twice about such stupid behaviour in future.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Clearly a very bad move at any time, but this surely had to be premeditated whether drugs or drink were involved.

Instances like this should be dealt with locally, no police needed.

Locally? How does that work? do you expect the guilty pair to hand themselves over to the local community or maybe the Buxted militia ( pitch forks at the ready) could get involved?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Some context is required, when I was 16 I was going to away games with my mates, I’ve seen it all train windows smashed, fire extinguishers let of on trains ( what if there was an actual fire) mindless vandalism a regular occurrence by Albion fans older than us at the time. I’m guessing some of them post on here some maybe even calling for blood on this thread. The point the majority have all done irresponsible things as young men, let’s not forget that before we call for over the top punishment.

Speak for yourself.

I never smashed up a train, let off fire extinguishers, or vandalised anything when I was 16 or 17.

D

Deleted member 2719

Locally? How does that work? do you expect the guilty pair to hand themselves over to the local community or maybe the Buxted militia ( pitch forks at the ready) could get involved?

With pictures like that, they have to be known, who would not shop them?

The police are powerless now.

John Wayne would not put up with this Shite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc8glsGbIus&t=27s

Last edited by a moderator:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

poke pieces of freshly mown straw up their nostrils. make them don a horses collar and a horsehair shirt and have them parade around the village green ….

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
With pictures like that, they have to be known, who would not shop them?

The police are powerless now.

What would you suggest???

Anything other than getting the police involved is the work of vigilante’s.
The police are involved and have made an arrest which doesn’t make them powerless. What the courts do is another matter. What would you do?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Doubt any drugs were involved. Drugs don't make people vandalise a defribillator in such a calculated fashion.

They're just 17 year old idiots. Possibly had a few strongbows in a nearby park and decided this was a good idea. Would be surprised it wasn't inspired by the Eriksen incident given the timing, which makes it all the more abhorrent.

Yes possibly drink,but there is something odd about their mannerisms and behaviour.
It doesn't look like the usual mindless,aggressive, drink fuelled vandalsism.
As you say it's very calculated and methodical as though there is a particular part of the defibrillator they are after.
Be interesting to hear what exactly they thought they were doing.
Incredibly stupid whatever they were doing and they should certainly be told off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure the idea of vengeance is a 'Brit' thing. Suspect you will find it is a natural reaction to injustice, perceived or real, irrespective of your nationality.

As for 'Brits' seeking disproportionate penalties, I would suggest you'll find the same attitude pretty much worldwide.

Good points. I don't entirely agree, but my main point was perhaps not well expressed. I intended to suggest that it is the combination of the knee-jerk reactions of the populace, and the response of governments to that, that is the likely reason for our poorer record on law and order (reoffending, in particular, also prison suicides and, yes, acts of cuntishness like the present case) compared with other contemporary nations (excluding USA of course). I suspect we have a higher proportion of the population that would list 'punishment' as the primary driver to the response to crime than other nations, certainly Canada (where I lived for 4 years) and I'll leave it to [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] to comment about Sweden. On the other hand there is no clamour for capital punishment in parts of the middle east because they already have it in spades, lawfully chopping bits off you (up to and including your head) for minor transgressions.

I accept that biologically the different 'races' are effectively indistinguishable, but culturally, when confined by a national identity, we can be miles apart. I still remember the tory election slogan 'Britain isn't working'. They would be less keen to ever use the slogan 'prison isn't working' to encapsulate the national feeling about law and order. Partly because it wouldn't be true (most people think prison is a great punishment, and glibly declare it would be a better deterrent were it 'harsher') and partly because they agree with the electorate. But, of course, costs need to be cut to keep taxes down. The tories are in tune with the nation on both these issues - they are the party of law and order after all. Labour has never been keen to rock this boat, either. When the libs moot legalizing cannabis every one in a while the media (and much of the nation) mocks them. Does any of this strike you as a bit weird?

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Yes possibly drink,but there is something odd about their mannerisms and behaviour.
It doesn't look like the usual mindless,aggressive, drink fuelled vandalsism.
As you say it's very calculated and methodical as though there is a particular part of the defibrillator they are after.
Be interesting to hear what exactly they thought they were doing.
Incredibly stupid whatever they were doing and they should certainly be told off.

Defib batteries go for £50-150 on ebay as a used/refurb item.

Looked to me that they could have been replicating some kind of tiktok stunt. Bit like the delivering a pizza to some random house and filming it that had the local FB groups round here in a right tiz.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

At the very least they should pay for a new defibrillator and then be made to attend a post mortem and see what happens to those not fortunate enough to be saved by such a machine.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Good points. I don't entirely agree, but my main point was perhaps not well expressed. I intended to suggest that it is the combination of the knee-jerk reactions of the populace, and the response of governments to that, that is the likely reason for our poorer record on law and order (reoffending, in particular, also prison suicides and, yes, acts of cuntishness like the present case) compared with other contemporary nations (excluding USA of course). I suspect we have a higher proportion of the population that would list 'punishment' as the primary driver to the response to crime than other nations, certainly Canada (where I lived for 4 years) and I'll leave it to [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] to comment about Sweden. On the other hand there is no clamour for capital punishment in parts of the middle east because they already have it in spades, lawfully chopping bits off you (up to and including your head) for minor transgressions.

I accept that biologically the different 'races' are effectively indistinguishable, but culturally, when confined by a national identity, we can be miles apart. I still remember the tory election slogan 'Britain isn't working'. They would be less keen to ever use the slogan 'prison isn't working' to encapsulate the national feeling about law and order. Partly because it wouldn't be true (most people think prison is a great punishment, and glibly declare it would be a better deterrent were it 'harsher') and partly because they agree with the electorate. But, of course, costs need to be cut to keep taxes down. The tories are in tune with the nation on both these issues - they are the party of law and order after all. Labour has never been keen to rock this boat, either. When the libs moot legalizing cannabis every one in a while the media (and much of the nation) mocks them. Does any of this strike you as a bit weird?

A sizeable chunk of the British people, I wouldn’t blame it on Tories, have always been mavericks, belligerent, anti authority and sometimes violent. My Dad said West Street was a violent place in the 40’s and 50’s. We led the way in football violence, heroes to later thugs in other countries. My state comp was a wild west, a teacher was blinded by being thrown down a flight of stairs a couple of years after I left.

I remember BBC correspondents looked at Denmark and Finland during last year’s first wave. The bottom line was that they’re compliant peoples, a shrug of the shoulders and they simply accept the rules.

Whilst in good old England I witnessed young customers (both Anglo Saxon looking and of Middle Eastern appearance/accents), turning violently aggressive to Aldi staff when asked them to wear masks. No one deserves that when they go to work.

Imho innate cultural differences vary greatly across this continent and the UK’s always been at the violent end of the spectrum.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Defib batteries go for £50-150 on ebay as a used/refurb item.

Looked to me that they could have been replicating some kind of tiktok stunt. Bit like the delivering a pizza to some random house and filming it that had the local FB groups round here in a right tiz.

Ok that's interesting about the batteries.
That could be what they were looking for.

I also thought the same about some sort of tuk tok stunt which would explain the strange behaviour around the defibrillator box.

It's just occurred to me the lad was also tugging at something in the box.
If it was the batteries they were after then I wonder if there is some sort of charger in the wall mounted case that the lad was also after but he seemed to give up and revert to making videos/selfies.

It was probably a combination of all these things maybe.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I would like to see them pay for the damage and community service carried out at the club they performed the damage at

This 100%

Many non league clubs have a days when volunteers come in to help paint and tidy up around the ground.
At least 100 hours should do for these two idiots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports