Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mindless vandalism of a defibrillator at Buxted FC

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is a spectrum of what people will do in the spirit of antisocial devilment, and a spectrum of response by the rest of us.

These two look like they may be the offspring of the people who, 20 years ago, set fire to the home of a paediatrician. It will be interesting to see if they are now shitting their pants about their faces being all over the internet, or gloating in their celebrity. I hope this is factored into the sentencing.

Oh, a 17 year old has just been arrested.....

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
With the recent events at the euros, this is in particularly poor taste. I sincerely hope they're made an example of, unfortunately with the way our judicial system works, it will likely be a slap on the wrist and bragging rights to their scummy mates.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looks like two dumb kids, one wanting to be a "bad boy" and one wanting to hang around the thrill of a "bad boy". They need to learn and improve.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We're gonna need a bigger boat.......:fishing:

People throughout the times have always screamed for less mercy and harsher penalties. The people want blood.

I'm not a fan, especially when it comes to the young and dumb.

It was a dumb and disgusting crime but locking them up for five years or burning them or whatever the **** people want to do is not going to make them any better humans. They need to be told sharply that what they did was very wrong and be given a chance to improve themselves. Having their lives ruined by some long prison sentence or something is not going to make them any less likely to commit crimes in the future.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Looking at the date it happened, clearly thought through.

AED might save the life of their Mum/Dad/family. Or friends - or even themselves. Or their children

They will grow to be ashamed of what they did. Or at least I hope they do, otherwise there really is no hope for them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
People throughout the times have always screamed for less mercy and harsher penalties. The people want blood.

It was a dumb and disgusting crime but locking them up for five years or burning them or whatever the **** people want to do is not going to make them any better humans. They need to be told sharply that what they did was very wrong and be given a chance to improve themselves. Having their lives ruined by some long prison sentence or something is not going to make them any less likely to commit crimes in the future.

Yep. Lengthy community service would be my choice for anyone doing something like this......................

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Youth offenders don't get sent to jail for five years and the posters saying this, are just expressing their disgust in a certain way. There are youth custody centres but they are usually reserved for repeat offenders or indicatable crimes.

They will probably get Community Service, and a course to teach them responsibility. Hopefully that will educate them, but it depends on their family as well.

My personal view is that I would like humiliation to come back, such as rotten tomatoes in the stocks, or putting the pieces of the broken defrib around their necks and make them walk around the pitch at the next home game. They won't be 'heroes' to their mates or whoever they were planning to show the footage off the phone too.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I would like to see them pay for the damage and community service carried out at the club they performed the damage at

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My personal view is that I would like humiliation to come back, such as rotten tomatoes in the stocks, or putting the pieces of the broken defrib around their necks and make them walk around the pitch at the next home game. They won't be 'heroes' to their mates or whoever they were planning to show the footage off the phone too.

It won't happen but I'd like a significant 'shame and embarrassment' factor for crimes like this too...............they'd be far more worried about that being all over social media now than having to paint a few fences or clear up park litter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here