Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Millwall v the police

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
i am sorry but this is not at all true, i know one of the lads who got 5 years for that and said nothing of the sort.
you might be confusing this with the little punch up that took place afterwards where a group of polish wall tried their luck on the wrong set of wall and came off second best.,

The guys in the pub that night were def from Czech Republic.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
they must have been telling you porkies mate, perhaps they had one too many sherbets themselves..

We are never going to agree on this so best let it lie at that. It was my mates they spoke to mostly. They are all Millwall fans as thats area in London I live in.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Glad you all know exactly what happened, so much so that you feel confident enough to pass judgement. For your guide, it was caused by over zealous stewards manhandling an old boy sat there with his grandson, when they got f***ed off out of it by those nearby , the police turned up and tried to do the same with fans who stood up for the old boy, at least they have the balls to do something about bully boy stewards rather than complain on a fans forum 2 hours after the game.

Ha ha. If it was a scenario where people with a dark complexion were standing up against the old bill, this bloke would be calling for them to be deported.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Why can't things like this be left in the 70's.

Though I suppose Millwall haven't left the 70's yet.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think you are referring to the FA Cup Semi Final against Wigan.

That actually wasn't a fight amongst themselves. That was one of these pre arranged fights with fans from Czech Republic but because they were in the same part of the ground it looked like they were fighting amongst themselves. If you watch the footage of that fight it was to entice the police in and then they all turn on the police. Their fans are nutz but the ones who go to most games are just normal fans but the right lunatics wait for them to get to a quarter final or semi final of a cup then they all come out of nowhere.

They are always going to have this problem because there are many fans all over the UK and Europe only to willing to get involved in this absolutely pointless behaviour along with them

I'm sure your right, but I did mean the final. Apparently a few of them (blokes in 40s, leather jackets, white T shirts, blue jeans, no 'colours') were openly on the charlie, in front of kids, and when a few folk remonstrated it became unpleasant. A friend of mine, who has followed Millwall all his life confirmed that there is an element who like to do this sort of thing. I'm sure we have a few a Brighton, but so fat they have managed to keep their heads down. These Millwall chaps appear to like to let it be widely seen what they are up to :shrug:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
So Labour can't even hold strongholds like South Bermondsey and New Cross Gate these days?

No as they are railway stations and not constituencies. Plus Southwark and Bermondsey was lib dem for years.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
hmmmm I was trying to make a joke sorry. I don't support a political party and feel Britain has been badly let down by politicians over several decades. Include me out if there's going to be some good guys v bad guys nonsense.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
They spent most of the 1991 play off second leg fighting with each other, the stewards and the police. They will be no loss to the football league when they get thrown out eventually.

Yes, I'll never forget that day. When John Robinson scored our third goal to take us through to the final, they set fire to the terrace lol.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
hmmmm I was trying to make a joke sorry. I don't support a political party and feel Britain has been badly let down by politicians over several decades. Include me out if there's going to be some good guys v bad guys nonsense.
A sam goldwyn quote i believe ?

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
most london cubs brought big mobs down here in the 80's, probably the biggest mob of them all was chelsea. remember seeing it kick off down the lanes late friday evening, my best mate got caught lobbing a petrol bomb and served time for it.he was only 19.. 3 years later and not long after his 22nd birthday he died. i still miss him today. not a very clever thing to do i know but just like the rest of us back then he was young and had no sense of care or fear...

Sounds like an absolute knob to me.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
most london cubs brought big mobs down here in the 80's, probably the biggest mob of them all was chelsea. remember seeing it kick off down the lanes late friday evening, my best mate got caught lobbing a petrol bomb and served time for it.he was only 19.. 3 years later and not long after his 22nd birthday he died. i still miss him today. not a very clever thing to do i know but just like the rest of us back then he was young and had no sense of care or fear...
That wasnt s***n b****y was it ?

SAC

May 21, 2014
If we are going back to the 70s/80s then how about we go back to luzzing coins at players?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here