Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Millwall v the police

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
They spent most of the 1991 play off second leg fighting with each other, the stewards and the police. They will be no loss to the football league when they get thrown out eventually.

Yep I was standing on the home terrace along the side of the pitch as I could not get tickets in the away end. Only 18 and pretty scared that night.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
most london cubs brought big mobs down here in the 80's, probably the biggest mob of them all was chelsea. remember seeing it kick off down the lanes late friday evening, my best mate got caught lobbing a petrol bomb and served time for it.he was only 19.. 3 years later and not long after his 22nd birthday he died. i still miss him today. not a very clever thing to do i know but just like the rest of us back then he was young and had no sense of care or fear...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
They were fighting among themselves at the cup final. And back in the 30s, when my dad followed them, they liked to chuck sharpened pennies at the away team. Maybe there is lead in the water in Deptford? Glad the old man moved to Brighton or I'd be one of them :down::ohmy::shrug::shootself

I think you are referring to the FA Cup Semi Final against Wigan.

That actually wasn't a fight amongst themselves. That was one of these pre arranged fights with fans from Czech Republic but because they were in the same part of the ground it looked like they were fighting amongst themselves. If you watch the footage of that fight it was to entice the police in and then they all turn on the police. Their fans are nutz but the ones who go to most games are just normal fans but the right lunatics wait for them to get to a quarter final or semi final of a cup then they all come out of nowhere.

They are always going to have this problem because there are many fans all over the UK and Europe only to willing to get involved in this absolutely pointless behaviour along with them

Jan 30, 2008
Polishing his nuckle dusters while watching Dads Army
good bunch of lads , had the pleasure of sharing a carriage with them on the way too Sheffield one year and had a beer with a few at LB, what I will say is that the proper Wall wouldnt take liberty's and would put people in their place if they did ,I'm sure brighton fella will back me up on that one
regards
DR

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
A mere burp fro a Lion Cub !

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
good bunch of lads , had the pleasure of sharing a carriage with them on the way too Sheffield one year and had a beer with a few at LB, what I will say is that the proper Wall wouldnt take liberty's and would put people in their place if they did ,I'm sure brighton fella will back me up on that one
regards
DR

spot on, one thing they are not is bullies.:wink:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I think you are referring to the FA Cup Semi Final against Wigan.

That actually wasn't a fight amongst themselves. That was one of these pre arranged fights with fans from Czech Republic but because they were in the same part of the ground it looked like they were fighting amongst themselves. If you watch the footage of that fight it was to entice the police in and then they all turn on the police. Their fans are nutz but the ones who go to most games are just normal fans but the right lunatics wait for them to get to a quarter final or semi final of a cup then they all come out of nowhere.

They are always going to have this problem because there are many fans all over the UK and Europe only to willing to get involved in this absolutely pointless behaviour along with them
Absolutely laughable, total, unadulterated bollocks, where you got the idea that this was the case I don't know, but I can assure you there is no foundation to it whatsoever.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Proper decent laahds, love vere muvvas and won't hurt no one if they dahn't have it cammin.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Absolutely laughable, total, unadulterated bollocks, where you got the idea that this was the case I don't know, but I can assure you there is no foundation to it whatsoever.

I was at that match invited by some clients. I live around London Bridge and was in a pub in London Bridge after it. There were a big group of Czech Lads in there and we spoke to some of them and they were sporting their cuts and grazes like badges of honour. They were talking like it was just part of their day and during a drunken chat they talked about all the different clubs around Europe where they had been for fights.

And this is without a word of a lie. Their opening phrase in conversation to one of my mates was. ''Were you ate the match'' and when he replied ''YES'' His next question was ''Who is your Commander''.? We were pissed and all wearing suits so we found it quite funny but honestly this was 100% true.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I was at that match invited by some clients. I live around London Bridge and was in a pub in London Bridge after it. There were a big group of Czech Lads in there and we spoke to some of them and they were sporting their cuts and grazes like badges of honour. They were talking like it was just part of their day and during a drunken chat they talked about all the different clubs around Europe where they had been for fights.

And this is without a word of a lie. Their opening phrase in conversation to one of my mates was. ''Were you ate the match'' and when he replied ''YES'' His next question was ''Who is your Commander''.? We were pissed and all wearing suits so we found it quite funny but honestly this was 100% true.

Course it is.....

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
[/B]
Course it is.....

I cant make you believe me but it isn't really something you could make up. It was like being in a total surreal situation so lets jus leave it at that. The bit about ''whos your commander'' I still piss myself laughing when I think about it

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

I was at the match as well , and a mate of mine was arrested , went to trial , pled guilty and got a 5 year ban and a suspended sentence, and once again I can assure you that the fight you and I saw live , and everyone else saw on tvwasn't a pre arranged fight between millwall fans and Czech hooligans.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I was at the match as well , and a mate of mine was arrested , went to trial , pled guilty and got a 5 year ban and a suspended sentence, and once again I can assure you that the fight you and I saw live , and everyone else saw on tvwasn't a pre arranged fight between millwall fans and Czech hooligans.

I have absolutely nothing to gain by bringing up the Czech guys who were in the pub at London Bridge. Absolutely nothing

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I have absolutely nothing to gain by bringing up the Czech guys who were in the pub at London Bridge. Absolutely nothing

I neither know nor care, but I can assure you that the fight inside the ground was NOT a prearranged fight with Czech hooligans.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

i am sorry but this is not at all true, i know one of the lads who got 5 years for that and said nothing of the sort.
you might be confusing this with the little punch up that took place afterwards where a group of polish wall tried their luck on the wrong set of wall and came off second best.,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here