Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall fans apparently attacking members of catering...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I feel for the poor kids who have to take their lives in their hands and serve these animals

I think you're being a bit over dramatic here.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Possibly. Worth pointing out that I've seen Albion fans act like total twunts on their travels just because the 16 y/o behind the counter had run out of pies.

To be fair, the burgers in WSU were absolutely rubbish last night.

I had a bad feeling about last night.

I witnessed teenagers trying to start fights, middle age men egging them on, homophobic abuse from kids and girls and general abuse of the rozzers.

So all in all the Millwall lot were much better than I expected.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think you're being a bit over dramatic here.

Well of course but if you're an 18 year old girl or young lad would you want to do that and suffer the intimidation and possibly worse all for £6/hr? Maybe you would but if it were me I'd go work in the local pub or Sainsburys so all credit for those that do it.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
One highlight for me...

Waiting in line for the Racecourse park and ride and two Millwall supporters (both teenagers with attitude) push pass a lady steward and hurl verbal abuse at her, they the proceed to stand in the bus whilst it makes it's way towards the racecourse, only for one of the lads to turn to his mate and say 'are you sure this bus is going to the station ?'

The two nobheads were last seen heading in the general direction of Whitehawk.

Pricks of the highest order.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well of course but if you're an 18 year old girl or young lad would you want to do that and suffer the intimidation and possibly worse all for £6/hr? Maybe you would but if it were me I'd go work in the local pub or Sainsburys so all credit for those that do it.

I agree. There is no need to be rude to people, my reply was in relation to the comment about taking their lives in their hands.....I do not believe from reading the eye witness accounts on this thread any kiosk staff's well being was threatened last night.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I agree. There is no need to be rude to people, my reply was in relation to the comment about taking their lives in their hands.....I do not believe from reading the eye witness accounts on this thread any kiosk staff's well being was threatened last night.

Well I'm not sure what you are reading but the OP was about a member of staff being attacked ... then comments about pepper spray being used and post #19 where the stewards were taken out for safety reasons.

f*** me you must live in a hard place if that's being rude.

My point is .... how do they get anyone to work in there? All credit to those that do, I wouldn't nor would I let any of my kids

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
bit sexist?

Coffee : wake up : smell..................................ahhhhhh.

In the real world a five foot tall female is usually less able to stand up to six foot, aggressive male thugs than an a six foot tall male. But in the utopia that people want/believe that we live in now, this reality is seen as 'sexist'.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Just give them what they deserve next time which is nothing. Keep the food and beverage kiosks closed and don't have open concourses after the game.
It means the decent Millwall fans lose out and the club lose a little revenue but so what?
As seats get damaged in the away end I'd just replace them with bog standard plastic ones too and put stainless steel fixtures in the toilets.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Such a high proportion of lowlife scum 'fans' that just make you shake your head at them in disbelief. As me and the family we were walking towards the underpass from the uni there was a group of about 8 or 9 of them at the top of the underpass by the A27, they were gobbling off and singing the boringly obvious no-one likes us song and we all thought shit here we go. They all then attempted to come down the grass bank to come through the underpass and they all slipped and fell over on their arses getting covered in mud in the process, cue howls of derisory laughter from everyone else. My overriding thought when seeing these Millwall divs was, Jeremy Kyle.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

In the real world a five foot tall female is usually less able to stand up to six foot, aggressive male thugs than an a six foot tall male. But in the utopia that people want/believe that we live in now, this reality is seen as 'sexist'.

erm he just said woman in the actual comment..not referring to height in that post...indicating a woman of any size cudnt do that job...should com over my way and see som of the women pc's thy bigger than the guys.....and I've had my coffee ta

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well I'm not sure what you are reading but the OP was about a member of staff being attacked

I was reading Bushy's eyewitness account in post #64. As opposed to the 2nd hand information from a mate which the OP relayed.

f*** me you must live in a hard place if that's being rude.

Which part of "my reply was in relation to the comment about taking their lives in their hands.....I do not believe from reading the eye witness accounts on this thread any kiosk staff's well being was threatened last night." did you not understand?

My point is .... how do they get anyone to work in there? All credit to those that do, I wouldn't nor would I let any of my kids
I get your point but I still think you're being over dramatic in this instance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Arguably a 5 foot female might be able to placate a 15 stone shaven headed middle-aged bench and prison-white trainer wearing knuckle-dragging Millwall fan better than a 6 foot male copper if they used their nouse a little to diffuse the situation. This was actually demonstrated (in training) on Coppers this very week. Pepper spray is only going to go one way....as was also demonstrated on Coppers a few weeks ago.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
As usual people are wise after the event but I seem to recall before the season started it was said on this site that there is a design fault with the Amex. Not only must all the away support mingle with the home at the station , coach park, etc. to clear the area mainly going in 1 or 2 directions but the club said they wanted to give away support the same as home inside the ground with bars and food. With certain clubs this is a program for trouble and 2 of them have visited the Amex this season perhaps the club will learn from this and next season limit tickets or beer etc. inside to them. Also they can't keep the away support inside for any length of time after to clear the home fans because of the transport at night. There are problems to be solved before next season, I would also say that the swearing by the Millwall after the game was like something from the dark days, it was infront of women and small kids. If the club wants to attract the youngones they've got to do something about this fixture .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here