Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall fans apparently attacking members of catering...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What's it all about Alfie...if people could actually behave sensibly there would be no need for pepper sprays,batons or any other deterrents....I and others have found that police and stewards have been very reasonable at all games at the Amex...instead of giving it large and trying to prove you are hard and clever,funny...just show you have a bit of human diginty....and before you say I want sanitisied matches...yes, been through all the violent days of late 60s/70s...you want to fight...join the Army....or is that too tough??

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
It's a tricky one. I'm convinced the lower-key policing makes for a less charged and threatening atmosphere but this can leave inadequate resources when things really do kick-off anyway. All in all I wouldn't want to return to the policing style of the 80's and 90's when I was assaulted several times by the Old Bill just for having the nerve to be a young male attending a football game.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
The Football Supporters Federation have said they are not aware of pepper spray ever being used inside a ground before. This backs up the argument that using such products for crowd control in a busy and enclosed area is a unorthodox not to mention unique approach. I therefore find it very hard to believe the police officer was instructed to use it, and feel she panicked.

I'm surprised that it's the first time pepper spray has ever been used inside a ground.

What doesn't surprise me however, is that Millwall supporters appear to be the first to be involved.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Is that the end of the thread? What about the heavy armour and airport skirmishes?

don't forget the tazerisation of rugby players.

I am looking forward to the effects of 50,000 volts on Toby Flood.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
don't forget the tazerisation of rugby players.

I am looking forward to the effects of 50,000 volts on Toby Flood.

Taserisation? Anyone who assaults the English language like you have just done deserves to be sprayed with CS gas.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Accoarding to a mate who works at Falmer :shrug:

"At work, and during the game I've seen 40+ police sprinting towards the south stand, then we hear that the whole south concourse has been sealed off, millwall fans must have been kicking off!? Oh and the ***** apparently attacked staff in the south stand kiosks and robbed the tills, glad I work in hospitality instead!"

Don't run out of pies when MIIIIILLLLL are in town.

If the rumours are true then millwall fans should be banned from attending away matches , it`s not rocket science no millwall thugs no trouble.But i suspect our police are not clever enough to work that one out,they have brain cells removed on entry to the force it would seem.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
So is the final solution....... armed police in the away end?

With tanks (only as a deterrent).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here