Millwall fans apparently attacking members of catering...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I feel for the poor kids who have to take their lives in their hands and serve these animals .. for what, £6 an hour or something. How on earth can they get anyone prepared to do it?

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Fulham and Brentford fans always appear quite reasonable.

I DJ'd a Fulham pub for a whole season, home games only. Never had any problems and they were a good bunch of lads. They knew I was Brighton and that caused a lot of banter, but no problems. The only time it kicked off in there, a group of lads made sure my gear was protected.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Thing is, once upon a time, all this did seem mildly intimidating: those naughty hoolies are coming to town! Scary.
But nowadays it just seems so pathetic, still to be trying so hard to be bad. Smashing up a toilet? Attacking someone who serves pies? Proper nails, that.
My thoughts exactly. Anyone can act like a c*nt when they're mobbed up. However I wouldn't want 90% of these twats on my side in a war - you just know they be a total liability.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Accoarding to a mate who works at Falmer :shrug:

"At work, and during the game I've seen 40+ police sprinting towards the south stand, then we hear that the whole south concourse has been sealed off, millwall fans must have been kicking off!? Oh and the ***** apparently attacked staff in the south stand kiosks and robbed the tills, glad I work in hospitality instead!"

Don't run out of pies when MIIIIILLLLL are in town.
No they didnt, a policewoman who was totally and utterly out of her depth started the trouble by pepper spraying people indiscriminately because she was panicking, she was about 5ft tall and in no way whatsoever was she equipped either mentally or physically to deal with football fans, the food and drink was thrown at the police not catering staff , because they were lashing out indiscriminately and pepper spraying with impunity, i know because i was there and saw the whole incident unfold.

D

Deleted User X18H

I met a group well 3 Millwall fans on the 25 bus on the way home.Perfectly nice explained to them where the Premier Inn was (they confused The Level with The Stiene) When I got to Preston Circus, a mini bus pulled up by the bus stop and a group of middle aged 'gentleman' and lads got out to go in to the Kebab Shop. All in caps , bench clothing , and white trainers. The sort of people you'd walk half a mile to avoid. Heard them having a go at the bloke in the mini mart , as I quickened my pace.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
No they didnt, a policewoman who was totally and utterly out of her depth started the trouble by pepper spraying people indiscriminately because she was panicking, she was about 5ft tall and in no way whatsoever was she equipped either mentally or physically to deal with football fans, the food and drink was thrown at the police not catering staff , because they were lashing out indiscriminately and pepper spraying with impunity, i know because i was there and saw the whole incident unfold.

So it's just a total coincidence this happened when Millwall came to visit, then?

Walking from the train station toward the stadium I noticed a Millwall fan struggling to light his cigarette. A teenage Brighton fan offered him a light, the middle aged Millwall fan replied 'I don't need a f***ing light, now f*** off you ****'. The Millwall fan's friend over heard and started telling the young lad to 'f*** off' also.

Can you believe that?

yes

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I wonder what could have made a 5 ft tall woman panic like that? Happens all the time at the football eh?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

So one moment you are saying it was pepper spray then you say it was CS gas

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

FFS. What do they teach at police school? if you want to calm/control a situation in a confined area pepper spray is not the way to do it. In fact it would be my tool of choice to inflame the environment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It kicked off in the directors box last night as well. A Millwall goon got a bit over excited and involved with Ken Brown after the first goal and got slung out for slapping a steward's hand as he gestured for him to leave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports