Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough opinion of us

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Or indeed these from last season when we just avoided relegation, "The club with the highest average attendance was Derby County, followed by Norwich City and Brighton & Hove Albion
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/ne...nce-analysis-2598261.aspx#7syOApIf4FA2DQOh.99. http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2015/football-league-attendance-analysis-2598261.aspx
Perhaps look who had the highest attendances from the two seasons prior, which i believe was Brighton.

oneBoroDS

Dec 6, 2015
Good afternoon everybody a Middlesbrough fan in peace and also the forum administer of the oneBoro forum which seems has upset/enraged/irked a number of your members of this fine forum.

Ok let's start with arrogance, I do not apologise for my fellow forum members comments because it is their right to post what they feel, rightly or wrongly but it works both ways does it not?

Let me make it clear many of us hold nothing less than admiration for what both your team and Manager have achieved thus far and as one of my fellow forum members mentioned you are the bench mark at the moment so please understand that when it would seem your first loss is upon you and it does not happen then it is very frustrating for other fans and ok some negative comments will follow.

oneBoro forum members and every other Boro fan are now getting into a situation whereby the promises of last seasons hopes may very well be improved upon and a top 2 position could, if things continue in a positive way, be realised. We are getting results that many did not think we could get at our previous bogey grounds and if any of you watched the second half of the Ipswich game then I feel sure you would probably have been impressed with the way we played.

We are supporters of two rival clubs but it does not mean we can not show good grace and recognise each other as clubs!

You have done brilliantly and I often joke in our forum that Brighton are waiting to give Boro the honour of being the first team to beat you in the league (please understand that it is not from arrogance when I say that).

Our home crowd has improved greatly this season with an average of over 23k or thereabouts and believe me we are not witnessing flowing and eye pleasing performances but getting results that are being dug out, much as your own.

Middlesbrough is not a pretty place and you have to be born there to love the place, it is based on the fact that a hundred odd years ago it was just a village and over a very short period of time due to natural resources it fast became a heavy industry northern town, without planning and growing due to the industry surrounding the place. However the collapse of virtually everything local people relied upon in terms of work has now gone and we suffer more unemployment than most other areas in the UK. Folks do not have the resources to pay for football anymore so it is great that our attendances are actually on the rise.

Ok no more history lessons and certainly no need for tit for tat silly replies to one another.

Boro and oneBoro forum members in the whole really do think you are a good club and if you finish top 2 then fair play to you but we do want to be there challenging you all the way and not being quite as arrogant as you might think we are.

I hope that when our Brighton match thread is up and running then some of you good people might join up at www.oneboro.co.uk and post your views comments and opinions on our very successful match threads.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hey let's have a good game soon (of course 3 points to Boro would be most welcome)

Thanks for allowing me to post. Downsouth oneBoro

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Again, who cares, however, when Boro were pants what was their average attendance then? About 15k? We were still doing around 24k when we had a seriously bad 2014/2015.

Dec 6, 2015
Those stats are not worth the time of day if they think we've had a crowd of 12,000-odd in the league.

They include cup games.

And listen I don't care a jot about attendances, I just find it funny that the guy I quoted was implying you're a bigger club because you get a higher attendance but our over all average is higher & our away is higher too.

Your home league average is higher but I'm not sure it will be come the end of the season, we've got Derby, Hull, Forest and your fine selves to come and id imagine (hope) there'll be over 30,000 there,

We've struggled with attendances as of late, the Strachan years really hurt us and we're just getting back to where we should be.

Anyway I was just being a little mischievous. I like Brighton, good team. I also think you've got the best keeper in the division and if we finish above you we'll get promoted. No team with more than 39 points at this stage of the season has failed to get promoted so it bodes well for you.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Our home crowd has improved greatly this season with an average of over 23k or thereabouts and believe me we are not witnessing flowing and eye pleasing performances but getting results that are being dug out, much as your own.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to address what seems to be a common misconception about us: that we're grinding out results. We're not. Our football is predominantly flowing and eye pleasing - the best many of us have seen from an Albion team. If we had an out-and-out goalscorer we would be nearer 50 points than 40. You and the rest of the challengers should consider yourselves lucky that we are still a jigsaw piece short.

The other misconception: "Wait until Brighton have some injuries to deal with." We do. We are playing without four of Hughton's first choice XI. One of them Kazenga LuaLua, who finally looked like living up to the promise we all know he had, has been out since September.

Despite all this, I don't think I know anyone who believes we are going to have it easy. I still don't think we have got what it takes to finish in front of three of Middlesbrough, Derby, Hull and Burnley, but I'm enjoying seeing us give it a go.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good afternoon everybody a Middlesbrough fan in peace and also the forum administer of the oneBoro forum which seems has upset/enraged/irked a number of your members of this fine forum.

Afternoon

Ok let's start with arrogance, I do not apologise for my fellow forum members comments because it is their right to post what they feel, rightly or wrongly but it works both ways does it not?

Only BHA fans are allowed arrogance, do you not understand?

Let me make it clear many of us hold nothing less than admiration for what both your team and Manager have achieved thus far and as one of my fellow forum members mentioned you are the bench mark at the moment so please understand that when it would seem your first loss is upon you and it does not happen then it is very frustrating for other fans and ok some negative comments will follow.

Sorry that doesn't matter, we prefer to find the negative posts to feed our need to 'hate' others.

I think you'll find that despite our one goal wins we aren't actually 'digging' out results, our football is seriously pleasing on the eye.

Middlesbrough is not a pretty place and you have to be born there to love the place, it is based on the fact that a hundred odd years ago it was just a village and over a very short period of time due to natural resources it fast became a heavy industry northern town, without planning and growing due to the industry surrounding the place. However the collapse of virtually everything local people relied upon in terms of work has now gone and we suffer more unemployment than most other areas in the UK. Folks do not have the resources to pay for football anymore so it is great that our attendances are actually on the rise.

We have Hastings and Crawley! (I live in Crawley)

Good luck for the rest of the season and hey let's have a good game soon (of course 3 points to Boro would be most welcome)

I'd be happy with runners up or play offs, totally beyond what we would have predicted back in August.

Welcome :)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to address what seems to be a common misconception about us: that we're grinding out results. We're not. Our football is predominantly flowing and eye pleasing - the best many of us have seen from an Albion team. If we had an out-and-out goalscorer we would be nearer 50 points than 40. You and the rest of the challengers should consider yourselves lucky that we are a jigsaw piece short still.

The other misconception: "Wait until Brighton have some injuries to deal with." We do. We are playing without four of Hughton's first choice XI. One of them Kazenga LuaLua, who finally looked like living up to the promise we all know he had, has been out since September.

Despite all this, I don't think I know anyone who believes we are going to have it easy. I still don't think we have got what it takes to finish in front of three of Middlesbrough, Derby, Hull and Burnley, but I'm enjoying seeing us give it a go.

And despite playing very close to half a season and not losing, we have somehow managed to avoid playing any of the top six yet!!!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
And despite playing very close to half a season and not losing, we have somehow managed to avoid playing any of the top six yet!!!

I think you will find we havent played anyone in the top half, that we are injury free, that we are lucky, that we grind out results, tha blah blah blah

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Bloody Middlesbrough. It was one of my happiest days when they were finally uprooted from the prem and consigned to the dump where they belong. The place is a horrible dive. If they think they are in any way a better team than us at the moment they are seriously deluded.

Northern monkeys.

oneBoroDS

Dec 6, 2015
Bloody Middlesbrough. It was one of my happiest days when they were finally uprooted from the prem and consigned to the dump where they belong. The place is a horrible dive. If they think they are in any way a better team than us at the moment they are seriously deluded.

Northern monkeys.

As previously mentioned arrogance works both ways would like to know exactly what you mean by the term "monkeys"

At the forum member who has joined the oneboro forum under the name Seagulls your account is activated now, though I hope it is not the poster above!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I never understand "they haven't had any injuries yet" argument.

Why is it set in stone?!

People kept saying that about Bmuff last year

Dec 6, 2015

Northern monkeys.

:love::love::love::love::love: aw shucks you're so sweet.

Anyway ignoring the above.

Did you see that awful Championship show last night? They were saying that you struggle with counter-attacks would you say that is a fair assessment?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
:love::love::love::love::love: aw shucks you're so sweet.

Anyway ignoring the above.

Did you see that awful Championship show last night? They were saying that you struggle with counter-attacks would you say that is a fair assessment?

Yes, we have really struggled all year, we keep shipping goas from counter-attacks. Odd that we have only conceded 16 goals in total over 19 games but lets not let the facts get in the way. And that we have won or drawn every league match this year. Facts are dull, those damn counter-attacks eh

Oh, and at home, won 8 and drawn 2 when we re at our most vunerable to counterattack. Conceded 7 in ten. Shocking.

:lolol:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
As previously mentioned arrogance works both ways would like to know exactly what you mean by the term "monkeys"

At the forum member who has joined the oneboro forum under the name Seagulls your account is activated now, though I hope it is not the poster above!
The Northern Monkey also happens to be very articulate compared to the Southern Fairy using reasonable English words instead of the general expletive used by the Southerner. e.g. C**t, F**k, etc.
The northern monkey is the cornerstone of English society.

Dec 6, 2015
Lol fair do's but that doesn't mean when you have conceded it wasn't due to counter attacks & I think you're slightly deluded if you think you don't have any weaknesses.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

oneBoro forum members and every other Boro fan are now getting into a situation whereby the promises of last seasons hopes may very well be improved upon and a top 2 position could, if things continue in a positive way, be realised. We are getting results that many did not think we could get at our previous bogey grounds and if any of you watched the second half of the Ipswich game then I feel sure you would probably have been impressed with the way we played.

We are supporters of two rival clubs but it does not mean we can not show good grace and recognise each other as clubs!

You have done brilliantly and I often joke in our forum that Brighton are waiting to give Boro the honour of being the first team to beat you in the league (please understand that it is not from arrogance when I say that).

Ok no more history lessons and certainly no need for tit for tat silly replies to one another.

Boro and oneBoro forum members in the whole really do think you are a good club and if you finish top 2 then fair play to you but we do want to be there challenging you all the way and not being quite as arrogant as you might think we are.

I hope that when our Brighton match thread is up and running then some of you good people might join up at www.oneboro.co.uk and post your views comments and opinions on our very successful match threads.

Tried to register but I am spammer, apparently...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As the OP I certainly don't get upset about it, nor was stirring my intention. The reason for drawing attention to it was not that the bad men are saying nasty things about us, it was to do with the fact that pretty much every point they were making to put us down had no basis in reality. "They've had no injuries, not played any top teams, always seem to be playing at home" etc.

I'm certainly long enough in the tooth to take a good slagging, but I do find it irksome that they seem to be so oblivious to the facts.

I agree with you to a point but is it any different to those amongst us on NSC who have stated that failing to get promoted under Gus was a disgrace as we had such a good squad, whilst ignoring that we had only the tenth largest budget in the division?

I'm not particularly familiar with the vast majority of players in this division, not too sure how many of us can put hand on heart and name eight Leeds, Wednesday, Charlton, MK Dons players if they were asked to do so.

We all operate in a knowledge vacuum and tend to focus on what's closest to home.

Boro have spent big, it's no surprise to see them doing well and if we finish one place above or below them it will have been a great season IMO.

The only thing that irks me is that whilst I'm totally with their fans in relation to the support for the local steel workers, chairman Steve Gibson claims to do the same and has been slagging off anyone who will listen whilst conveniently forgetting that the new Boro stadium was built with German steel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here