Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough opinion of us

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A lot of ignorance on the Boro forum. Haven't played any of the top sides? Er, Hull and Burnley. Haven't had any injuries? Er, KLL, Bong, Baldock, Rosenior - 4 first team players.

No mention of 20 unbeaten, 3 strikers scoring yesterday, they don't know anything. Solly, Bobby and Wilson will teach them on 19th.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've seen the following from Boro and Derby fans tonight:

'Brighton keep getting fluky goals' (yes Boro played the drabest game of football v QPR the other night & scored a last min penalty after creating about 0 chances...)

'Derby have only spent money this season - they've been making money the last few seasons.'

'Last day at the Ruverside it will only be us (Boro) playing for a top 2 spot.'

'Lucky Brighton blah blah blah'

Presumably because we'll have already secured ours.

albionite

May 20, 2009
I do like threads like this, ( I know I've stirred in the past)

Fans on other forums don't show us respect shocker we slag them off and they in turn get pissed of with us showing arrogance.

It is a little fun, but if you get upset by it you really shouldn't be reading others forums.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We just happen to both be up at the top of the same league at the moment, it's not a rivalry, we don't hate each other, we're just going about our business.

Some of their comments seem pretty ill informed, they really don't know what we're about.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
An analysis from a Boro fan at the start of the season, had them marked down as favourites, based on their squad strength. We were dismissed for not having a 20 goal a season striker and being over-reliant on LuaLua, both of which seemed reasonable at the time. It didn't stop me lumping 25 quid each way on us at 33/1 though, using one of those opening free bet offers.

Is it worth pointing out that Hemed, who has come in for a fair amount of criticism from some quarters, is ahead of Boro's leading striker 6 to 5 at this point and that only Burnley,Fulham,Reading and Blackburn are on target to win the league, using the crude measure that a 20 goal a season striker, should have scored more than 8 goals after 19 games. A single strike from Chris Martin today, or 4 from Forrestieri could change all that of course.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Comment from the Guardian write up of our game yesterday seems a bit fairer from a Boro fan...

I am a Boro fan and I truly believe that Brighton are the real deal, ok they were not great last season, but they were top six the previous season and under Houghton they have clearly improved a lot.
Along with a great stadium, good support and money available ?(not sure how much mind) they along with Boro, Derby, Hull and Burnley are my contenders for the rat race to the PL.
One thing is for sure, it is going to be very exciting and very close. May the best team prevail !

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Comment from the Guardian write up of our game yesterday seems a bit fairer from a Boro fan...

I am a Boro fan and I truly believe that Brighton are the real deal, ok they were not great last season, but they were top six the previous season and under Houghton they have clearly improved a lot.
Along with a great stadium, good support and money available ?(not sure how much mind) they along with Boro, Derby, Hull and Burnley are my contenders for the rat race to the PL.
One thing is for sure, it is going to be very exciting and very close. May the best team prevail !
Is it really so difficult for people ( not you) to spell Hughton ffs !!

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

Fans on other forums don't show us respect shocker we slag them off and they in turn get pissed of with us showing arrogance.

It is a little fun, but if you get upset by it you really shouldn't be reading others forums.

Totally agree and the other aspect that is wrong is when it's the views of 5 people on a forum reported as being the views of Boro fans (as if they all have just one opinion).

I'm even annoyed with myself for reading this thread now! Total waste of time and I knew it would be.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This Brighton is lucky label is starting to irk me somewhat. If we were 4/5 games into the season maybe you could have basis for that train of thought. But we are 19 games in this is where all teams tend to be where they deserve. For example we got lucky against QPR but balanced out with been unlucky against Bristol. And there will be other examples

The fact is Brighton are here to stay. Why coz at the moment they don't lose. Yes we have actually won more games this season but there ability not to get beaten is keeping them on top of the league. And fair play to them. I agree with Jamesp that Charlton were the worst team I've seen at the riverside. And to imagine they'd score at all never mind twice was crazy. But just imagine if they did. Does anyone on here think we would have pulled it back. One of our biggest issues is trying to come from behind. Brighton didn't have that issue.
We've seen this before. There is always a team that jumps to the front which surprises everyone else. (Bournemouth last season, burnley the season before) and we expect them to fall away but they don't.
I like Brighton, I like Chris Houghton rather than call the lucky, I prefer to call them the benchmark. If we go to their place on the 19th and get any sort of a result were doing the right thing. And one thing for sure, according to anyone one on here it won't be because of luck

Yeah, bunch of arrogant know it alls!

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland

As the OP I certainly don't get upset about it, nor was stirring my intention. The reason for drawing attention to it was not that the bad men are saying nasty things about us, it was to do with the fact that pretty much every point they were making to put us down had no basis in reality. "They've had no injuries, not played any top teams, always seem to be playing at home" etc.

I'm certainly long enough in the tooth to take a good slagging, but I do find it irksome that they seem to be so oblivious to the facts.

Also in response to those who've said that there are plenty of reasoned posts about us on there - there were only two at the time of my original post.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
A lot of ignorance on the Boro forum. Haven't played any of the top sides? Er, Hull and Burnley. Haven't had any injuries? Er, KLL, Bong, Baldock, Rosenior - 4 first team players.

No mention of 20 unbeaten, 3 strikers scoring yesterday, they don't know anything. Solly, Bobby and Wilson will teach them on 19th.

I have to have a little giggle when I read this comment by a number of Boro fans, We have played and remained unbeaten against the four teams that have beaten Boro!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I am a Boro fan and I truly believe that Brighton are the real deal, ok they were not great last season, but they were top six the TWO previous seasonS and under Hughton they have clearly improved a lot.
Fixed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here