Middlesbrough opinion of us

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I just took a look at their forum. Quite funny views on us

1. They will not be able to cope with any injuries - well how about Kaz and bong as two starters and ros and baldock who have played lots when not injured
2. They don't have the depth and not sure how much money Brighton owners have - enough
3. They have not played anyone yet - we have played almost everyone and they still have to play Derby, burnley and us. Only one of top 5 they played (hull) gave them a humping.
4. Lucky
5. They are crap.

You don't need to read it now.

This. Use the 15 minutes you've saved wisely

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I just took a look at their forum. Quite funny views on us

1. They will not be able to cope with any injuries - well how about Kaz and bong as two starters and ros and baldock who have played lots when not injured
2. They don't have the depth and not sure how much money Brighton owners have - enough
3. They have not played anyone yet - we have played almost everyone and they still have to play Derby, burnley and us. Only one of top 5 they played (hull) gave them a humping.
4. Lucky
5. They are crap.

You don't need to read it now.

Think they have played Derby but, other than that, I completely agree. Can't believe the arrogance.

On top of Kaz, Bong, Rosenior and Baldock being out currently, Crofts has missed quite a lot of the season (initially getting match fit and then the last three games through injury), Hunnemeier and Greer have both missed a few games too and Zamora took a while to get match fit. We went to Burnley two weeks ago with seven players out and got a draw (that is Burnley who are fifth and they haven't played against yet),

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Think they have played Derby but, other than that, I completely agree. Can't believe the arrogance.

On top of Kaz, Bong, Rosenior and Baldock being out currently, Crofts has missed quite a lot of the season (initially getting match fit and then the last three games through injury), Hunnemeier and Greer have both missed a few games too and Zamora took a while to get match fit. We went to Burnley two weeks ago with seven players out and got a draw (that is Burnley who are fifth and they haven't played against yet),
My mistake. It is because they play them again soon. Being unbeaten I forget that we are about to start the cycle of not playing anyone good again soon.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Don't mind the fellers who give us credit where it's due. There are idiots in every fanbase and I think Boro has it's fair share of deluded inbred chimps, but they're a bigger club than we are, and they're aiming high- considering how a fair few championship sides are floundering at the moment it's feels good to see the bigger teams like Hull, Derby and Boro getting bitter about us.

Have a mate who's a Hull fan at uni- he's absolutely fuming that we're higher than they are. Not meaning to get complacent, but it's great to be a Brighton fan right now.

Feb 14, 2010
Don't mind the fellers who give us credit where it's due. There are idiots in every fanbase and I think Boro has it's fair share of deluded inbred chimps, but they're a bigger club than we are, and they're aiming high- considering how many other championship teams are floundering at the moment it's feels good to see teams like Hull, Derby and Boro getting bitter about us.

Have a mate who's a Hull fan at uni- he's absolutely fuming that we're higher than they are. Not meaning to get complacent, but it's great to be a Brighton fan right now.

Why would a Hull or Boro fan be fuming we are above them? Both of them get smaller crowds than us, so er what makes them so special?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
My mistake. It is because they play them again soon. Being unbeaten I forget that we are about to start the cycle of not playing anyone good again soon.

We are the luckiest team in the league. No doubt if we manage to beat Derby next weekend, they'll have been out of form and we will have been fortunate.

For a team who has only played three of the top six (same as us) and have only managed one point (away to Derby when they were out of form at the start of the season) and lost at Cardiff and Hull. Compare that to our 5 points from games against Hull, Burnley and Cardiff and I'd say their case that we will struggle when we play good teams isn't very strong.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've seen the following from Boro and Derby fans tonight:

'Brighton keep getting fluky goals' (yes Boro played the drabest game of football v QPR the other night & scored a last min penalty after creating about 0 chances...)

'Derby have only spent money this season - they've been making money the last few seasons.'

'Last day at the Ruverside it will only be us (Boro) playing for a top 2 spot.'

'Lucky Brighton blah blah blah'

Don't get me wrong, every club has knob heads but I noticed a lot of Boro & Derby intensifying their Twitter bullshit to each other and anyone they see a threat to promotion last season and this... Best thing for us to do is let them chat away and don't make promises ourselves. Just enjoy the ride after last season. Them making comments like that only leaves them open to egg in face. They've both also thrown/throwing a lot more money than us at it.... Underdogs is fine with me!

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Don't be annoyed at them, pity them.

If you were to live in the wasteland that is Middlesbrough wouldn't you want to feel (or at least act) superior towards other people? It may not be close to reality but bless them, the real world is harsh enough on them as it is.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

'Brighton keep getting fluky goals' (yes Boro played the drabest game of football v QPR the other night & scored a last min penalty after creating about 0 chances...)

'Derby have only spent money this season - they've been making money the last few seasons.'

Don't get me wrong, every club has knob heads but I noticed a lot of Boro & Derby intensifying their Twitter bullshit to each other and anyone they see a threat to promotion last season and this... Best thing for us to do is let them chat away and don't make promises ourselves. Just enjoy the ride after last season. Them making comments like that only leaves them open to egg in face. They've both also thrown/throwing a lot more money than us at it.... Underdogs is fine with me!

Wise words!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Thankfully spending loads of money doesn't hand you promotion...its 50/50 or less of clubs that go up by spending hideous amounts of money.
We have a strong unit and a great squad and a super manager :)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Middlesbrough haven't played anyone at the top though...

[emoji38]ol:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
By no means a prediction but to get a point or more at Derby and to beat Boro at home would have that little cherry on the top given both sets of fans general attitudes towards us.

That said, some sensible reasoned posts on there too. Easy to pick up on the critical posts and ignore those praising us.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Great post. Let's not get involved with the bullshitters on their forums. We are in no lose situation: fail to make it and it is what is expected; succeed and stick it up them.

Keep calm and believe in CH.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
By no means a prediction but to get a point or more at Derby and to beat Boro at home would have that little cherry on the top given both sets of fans general attitudes towards us.

That said, some sensible reasoned posts on there too. Easy to pick up on the critical posts and ignore those praising us.

This. They are some very respectful posts on there as well as the 'frustrated fan who thinks that because they used to be PL and have spent a shitload of cash so it is their God given right to be top of the League' posts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports