Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough opinion of us

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
**** em. If we beat Derby Saturday they will be shitting themselves. One ge at a time. Two toughies before Boro.

I'm sure out players will relish the challange. They look like they are up for it every game. Full of leaders and full of quality. We need to get behind them let them do there thing and let the likes of Derby and Boro look like the tools they are if we get a decent result against them.

Dec 29, 2011
"I'm not even remotely worried about Bournemouth it's derby, Watford & Norwich we have as our major worries!
However I'm not even going to check the scores of any matchs going forward from now on! (Not even our own until 6pm as I'm to *** scared?"

"Bournemouth have lost their last 4, I'm willing to stake my house that they will not go up.
Eddie Howe gave an interview on South Today last night and basically said he has no plan B because if your plan A is good enough, you'll win.

Um, his plan A clearly isn't good enough having lost the last 4, the bloke is clueless it seems!"

From the Boro forum last season. What fans think is rather insignificant really. This was 28th feb so hardly early in the season either.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Yep. I can just imagine them sitting at home watching Soccer Saturday seeing all the FT results coming in and seeing the score line still at 2-1. Little did they know that due to the 8 minutes of stoppage time at the end of the first half we would still have about 10 minutes to play. I wonder how many even turned off their TV's as they went out for the evening gently humming "We're top of the league".

Ha, there's a little bit of history repeating here. I seem to recall a last game of the season when Boro had seemingly secured a play-off place and fans were celebrating on the pitch, at Barnsley, when Dean Wilkins scored a very late goal for Albion v Ipswich and we won 2-1 and took that place.

serendipity

Feb 14, 2012
I saw Boro lose at Cardiff, earlier this year. I was ready to be impressed, as I saw them there last year and thought that they were the best team that I had seen. This year, they were, at best, ordinary and were beaten by a poor Cardiff team which had no big names in it, other than a couple of very faded stars from their Premiership days. Noone is now a shadow of his former self and Revell, ten years on from his time at the Albion, has now been sent out to pasture at Wigan because he has been so ineffective.

Fundamentally, it is where you are at any given moment in time, not what you once were. Look at Bournemouth, Watford and Leicester. Villa were once a giant. This year, it is likely that they will be relegated. I can remember the match between Villa and us, many years ago, in the Third Division. It is difficult for other fans to understand why we are so happy being Albion fans. Few have gone through what we have. Let's see what happens in December. Only a fool would rule out promotion for the team with the most points based on some sort of historic right or on the amount of money spent.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I keep reading on forum "wait until Brighton get injuries,then their luck will run out" or at the beginning of the season "they'll be f***** without lua lua" who has been out for some time, along with Bong and now rosenier, I think we are coping personally

Yes, they seem to be unaware that some of our best playes are actually currently out injured! If anything we are likely to be stronger in the new year when those three come back.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Ha, there's a little bit of history repeating here. I seem to recall a last game of the season when Boro had seemingly secured a play-off place and fans were celebrating on the pitch, at Barnsley, when Dean Wilkins scored a very late goal for Albion v Ipswich and we won 2-1 and took that place.
I think Boro did make the playoffs but were beaten by Notts County before they played us. It was the Barnsley fans who celebrated prematurely I believe.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I think Boro did make the playoffs but were beaten by Notts County before they played us. It was the Barnsley fans who celebrated prematurely I believe.

This is correct

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Happy to be corrected.
Pretty ace on 70's stuff but my memory had reached it's capacity by the 90's....or whenever it was!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here