Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Membership scheme announced...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wait and see, surely.

It could even be a scheme which STs get free, and non STs can buy into to get the same 'loyalty' ( horrible term) points as STs get ( 1000 ).

barber couldn't give a shit about the fans who kept the club alive, went to gillingham & withdean, marched for falmer to make all this possible.

All he cares about is the fans with money, because according to him they are the ones who deserve priority...

Thankfully we have a handy protest club around the corner in brighton fc if things get that bad.

And if things go tits up in east brighton we have the mighty Mile Oak a real community club:clap2:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
IF the scheme is piss-take designed to fleece more money from STHs and other already committed we could just arrange a boycott. We haven't protested about anything for a while.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Barber needs a human handler. He has no charm, grace, subtlety or warmth. Everything he does seems to alienate more people even if it is just with his method of delivery. I've always supported the club financially - 20 notes fund, player sponsorship etc.. I've always done it happily as I felt I was helping MY club but I'm reconsidering my position. Can't stand the increasing feeling that I'm being mugged for something I used to do willingly.

As far as I can tell, people want to be alienated and angry. There are no details about what this scheme will involve and people are already foaming at the mouth, yet another embarrassing overreaction to a set of ifs, buts and maybes but no actual facts. We do not yet know the costs or benefits of the proposed scheme so are not in a position to comment with any authority on the merits or otherwise of it.

Whilst I agree that for getting tickets in the championship a scheme is hardly necessary it should be pretty easy for the most casual of fan to get a ticket for any game they please, should we get to the premier league this will be a different story, (and that after all is our overall aim), and to have a scheme in place prior to that makes sense.

When are people going to realise we are entering a new era for this club. The cottage industry is dead and our aim is to compete at the highest level possible and the club has to set its infrastructure accordingly and this is just part of it.

Let's wait and see and what the details are before going into meltdown.

As far as I can tell, people want to be alienated and angry. There are no details about what this scheme will involve and people are already foaming at the mouth, yet another embarrassing overreaction to a set of ifs, buts and maybes but no actual facts. We do not yet know the costs or benefits of the proposed scheme so are not in a position to comment with any authority on the merits or otherwise of it.

Whilst I agree that for getting tickets in the championship a scheme is hardly necessary it should be pretty easy for the most casual of fan to get a ticket for any game they please, should we get to the premier league this will be a different story, (and that after all is our overall aim), and to have a scheme in place prior to that makes sense.

When are people going to realise we are entering a new era for this club. The cottage industry is dead and our aim is to compete at the highest level possible and the club has to set its infrastructure accordingly and this is just part of it.

thats it all out!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

It's the Anti Barber Agenda, and resulting feeding frenzy.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Barber couldn't give a shit about the fans who kept the club alive, went to Gillingham & Withdean, marched for Falmer to make all this possible.

All he cares about is the fans with money, because according to him they are the ones who deserve priority...

Thankfully we have a handy protest club around the corner in Brighton FC if things get that bad.

What a load of emotive crap. Barber is dealing with the situation as it is now, not as it was. I was a season ticket holder at Withdean for over a decade and I do not think the club owes me anything. In fact I have already benefitted from my time there with first choice on the season tickets and the EXTRA loyalty points which enabled me to get to the playoff final semi-final without being a regular away attendee this season. So I think I've been looked after well in that respect.

We now have 30,000 seats to sell and for me each one of those people is as valuable as each other, just because I went to Withdean doesn't make me special.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I think that some of us remember past membership schemes within the last 10 years such as the AMS, then the gold, white & blue schemes which we were told were, 'for life'
This transpired to be the 'life of the scheme' rather than the life of the fan, so there was already a feeling against such schemes.
When we moved to the Amex, the loyalty points scheme was introduced, at no charge, and seemed by far, much fairer, insomuch as those who had put in the miles, had the rewards.
Now, it seems, that that is to be superceded by yet another scheme. You cannot blame people for being sceptical.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wait and see, surely.

It could even be a scheme which STs get free, and non STs can buy into to get the same 'loyalty' ( horrible term) points as STs get ( 1000 ).

Can't see that, could have a time where non STs have more points than ST holders (1,000 for buying into scheme and then points for each home game attended whereas ST holders just get 1,000 for the season)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What a load of emotive crap. Barber is dealing with the situation as it is now, not as it was. I was a season ticket holder at Withdean for over a decade and I do not think the club owes me anything. In fact I have already benefitted from my time there with first choice on the season tickets and the EXTRA loyalty points which enabled me to get to the playoff final semi-final without being a regular away attendee this season. So I think I've been looked after well in that respect.

We now have 30,000 seats to sell and for me each one of those people is as valuable as each other, just because I went to Withdean doesn't make me special.

I think we all had to be a little bit "special" to buy a season ticket at Withdean

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
So if we draw Liverpool in the cup and I am not a ST holder, I could buy a ticket before local Liverpool fans? (Not that I had any interest last time rather see a league game).

I can already do that as have 200 loyalty points. This doesn't change anything!

ST holders would also be able to buy their tickets already so don't need it (if they wanted a ticket).

Away to palace, ST holders will still snap up all the tickets they deign to give us so doesn't change anything either!

WHAT'S THE POINT other than more money??

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Its £25 each to join the boycott payable at both queens road shop and stadium ticket office:thumbsup:

I was thinking of organising a show of solidarity. Everyone who wants to take part should leave their seat and head for the concourse after the 39th minute and the 84th of every league game

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I'm not a STH but me and my son rarely missed a home Saturday kick off this season and when I bought the 5 match pack we ended up getting members cards....

surely it would be cheaper for you to become season ticket holders if you two go to that many games mate, its only £30 a month for an adult and £10 a month for kids...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

That's true, but a) we're not in the Prem so we don't need it yet, b) the club really didn't need another PR own goal, and c) everybody (including you and the club) should realise that in the absence of firm facts everyone will speculate.

Virtually the one fact that we all agree on is that the current loyalty scheme works well when it comes to ticket prioritisation. Unfortunately for the club is doesn't make them any extra money. The club needs to make more money, so you can see why people have joined the dots and come to the conclusion that the new and unnecessary membership layer is only being introduced as another revenue stream. And also being hard-pressed financially you can also see why people are saying that they would resent it. Maybe we are being too cynical, but I bet you that when the full details are known it will involve some kind of additional payment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here