Membership scheme announced...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I think this particular situation is of the club's (Barber's) making though. As has been pointed out, the drip-feed nature of this announcement will create speculation. The merits of the new membership is one discussion, the atrocious way it has been handled is another.

I have generally supported Barber, but my support is waning...not that he will be bothered.

And to return the favour from the other day - unusually I completely agree with you ! ( restaurant choices aside :p )

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't think there would be a charge for existing ST holders so it would be a FREEBIE membership scheme (and the Club can be seen as the good guy).

However, here is where it could end up if Barber has a copy of the Stoke model - where they have a MEMBERSHIPS COMPARISON TABLE (copied from the Stoke City site). Non ST holders can pay for a SILVER scheme which gives them the ability to accrue points and ticket priority over 'Joe Public' and some offers like discounts to lure them in which might be what is being drip fed to us now. At Stoke the GOLD membership (FREE) comes in 1st for ST holders but is then followed by the 'why not upgrade' option PLATINUM scheme that trumps it for offers and ticket priority. Once these become established in came the PLATINUM PLUS to override everything else. Stoke also have a FOUNDATION membership which directly targets funds to it's Acadamy. Maybe I'm being overly cynical before we hear any details but it exists elsewhere and not at just the 'Big' clubs. Apologies if the spacing in the table below gets screwed. Here' s the link http://www.stokecityfc.com/fans/memberships/details.aspx

BENEFITS PLATINUM PLUS PLATINUM GOLD
Away Games Ticketing Priority Guaranteed ticket 2nd Priority 3rd Priority
Membership Card Yes Yes Yes
Two Guest Tickets (fixture TBC) £5 each £5 each £10 each
Exclusive Gift Pack Yes Yes No
Loyalty Points Programme Yes Yes Yes
Exclusive Offers From Club & Partners Platinum+ Offers Platinum Offers Gold Offers
Fixture Card with Member Benefits Yes Yes Yes
Exclusive Member Prize Draws Yes Yes No
Cost £50.00 £30.00 Free

Always amuses me the way marketing people think using precious metals is a great way of differentiating levels. And when they run out of precious metals they add a PLUS :lol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This sort of thing can f*ck off really. It's fine as it is.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Nah, don't be daft surely it should be Titanium ?
I think platinum is the accepted top. Then of course as has been pointed out you would get Platinum Plus if you wanted that little bit extra. Then new and exclusive for next season - Double Platinum Plus.

The Gullibles (great name!) Double Platinum Plus club. What true Brighton fan wouldn't want to be a member?

(Then of couse they'd start a new scheme and the process would start all over again)

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
What a waste of time and money. The current system is fine.

Is there anything Barber has done that has actually been a welcome change since his arrival? Chief Exec really does seem to be a thankless job.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The best comparison to look at for any real clues is probably the one Barber introduced at Spurs. It looks to have be along the lines of a free membership for season ticket holders but with the option to take up an away season ticket as well (as Barber has already confirmed is being looked at) or additional paid for priority above the season ticket level.

Also paid for membership for non season ticket holders to get priority for home matches etc ahead of general release.

Did a piece on it HERE if anyone us bored.

I think the biggest cause for scepticism is probably the fact the club in its current state would be unlikely to undertake anything involving changing things, which obviously involves a cost, unless there is money to be made from doing so.

At least by announcing it before the details the club can look at the reaction to potential paid for schemes.

The best thing to do IF it involves paying out would be for everyone to boycott it. Therefore the priority etc for everyone would remain the same.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Judging by the reaction on this thread, the latest attempt to milk fans for more money looks like it might turn out the same way as the private seat licence did

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Shocking if they don't include a level for those born in Hove.

Anyway back to suitable names.

Today I've come up with the following names for the levels.

1902 Club
1903 Club
1904 Club
1905 Club
1906 Club
1907 Club

Unfortunately I ran out of ideas after that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
An amusing thought, and with the possibility of Shoreham's finest in full flow.

Very poor barb would have expected a lot better.

Still on the positive side I attend 15 plus away games so have a solid amount of membership points. What you forget is the away fans scheme did actually change the season after that game so clearly not just I but several hundred others were right to complain.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Very poor barb would have expected a lot better.

Still on the positive side I attend 15 plus away games so have a solid amount of membership points. What you forget is the away fans scheme did actually change the season after that game so clearly not just I but several hundred others were right to complain.

.. and the supporters clubs were canvassed. I remember it well I was roundly abused for daring to support you.

Anway back to names.

1908 Club
1909 Club
1910 Club

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
For those saying about "boycotting" it - you don't know the main details about it.

For starters it (should) be optional so if you don't want to join, you don't have to - simple.

I would think it would be like the Stoke membership though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think platinum is the accepted top. Then of course as has been pointed out you would get Platinum Plus if you wanted that little bit extra. Then new and exclusive for next season - Double Platinum Plus.

The Gullibles (great name!) Double Platinum Plus club. What true Brighton fan wouldn't want to be a member?

(Then of couse they'd start a new scheme and the process would start all over again)

I think the top grade should be Unobtainium (the precious mineral only found on Pandora in the film "Avatar")

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm wondering, would the club ever consider charging people for use of the toilets at half-time? I reckon a payment scheme of two quid for a slash, five quid for a number twos, three quid for whatever ladies do in there. Plus there'd be "Golden Stream", a membership scheme which lets you queue jump for an extra 30 quid a year.

Maybe the club could combine it with a scheme whereby they whack up the price of a pint to six quid or something at half-time to deter those lightweights who only THINK they need a half-time pint, thereby thinning the queues to those who truly madly deeply DO need a half-time pint. Could combine it free membership to your most excellent Golden Stream scheme and market it as Buy One Get One Pee.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Maybe the club could combine it with a scheme whereby they whack up the price of a pint to six quid or something at half-time to deter those lightweights who only THINK they need a half-time pint, thereby thinning the queues to those who truly madly deeply DO need a half-time pint. Could combine it free membership to your most excellent Golden Stream scheme and market it as Buy One Get One Pee.

Bars in the Bogs is the way to go-----:drink: as you pee and cut out all that queuing.
Every now and again you can go and watch a bit of footie :albion2:
Can't think why nobody else has come up with this idea to be honest:O

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports