Membership scheme announced...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Communicating with people and floating a product idea are two very different things. You know that. Don't be obtuse.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
As long as it's free for ST holders, for some people just affording one of those is enough, if it costs money they can go whistle.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It wouldn't be a bad idea for non season ticket holders to have a members card like the season ticket which they can have home games put on as they buy, saves postage and printing for the club, or staff time handling collections. If this was all it was I would think it fair to charge £25 for it if they include the cash back on spending done through the card like season tickets and maybe make the e-ticket a quid cheaper than a paper one.

way too sensible :lolol:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I joined the scheme for life many years ago for a tenner.

I'm still alive.

Am I in ?

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I'm wondering, would the club ever consider charging people for use of the toilets at half-time? I reckon a payment scheme of two quid for a slash, five quid for a number twos, three quid for whatever ladies do in there. Plus there'd be "Golden Stream", a membership scheme which lets you queue jump for an extra 30 quid a year.

Genuinely laughed out loud reading that, very well done sir!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The club will also be looking to provide all club members with special offers

How nice of Mr Barber. I'm truly grateful for this.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
All rubbish names - what the club needs to do is open it to the supporters and then have an x factor style name off.
I'm putting forward 2 - 'Engorged Members' and 'DisMembers'.

geniarse

Jan 2, 2012
It wouldn't be a bad idea for non season ticket holders to have a members card like the season ticket which they can have home games put on as they buy, saves postage and printing for the club, or staff time handling collections. If this was all it was I would think it fair to charge £25 for it if they include the cash back on spending done through the card like season tickets and maybe make the e-ticket a quid cheaper than a paper one.

I'm not a STH but me and my son rarely missed a home Saturday kick off this season and when I bought the 5 match pack we ended up getting members cards....

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Customers not fans Barber, or have you given up on that?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
With all the other damaging stuff that's been going on at the club, naming a membership scheme with absolutely no detail was definitely top of my priorities for the club.
I've been turned down for promotion at work, losing out to that git Nigel from accounts. Then the entire management team have been suspended possibly dismissed and, a as yet unnamed assailant has shite in my desk draw. But on the plus side I get to name the new office social club. Gully-ble members?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Once again, the more money you have, the bigger a fan you can be. Stuff them, fandom is inside you, not in your wallet. I'll keep supporting the Albion regardless, and if I can actually get to a game now and again, all the better.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
As a few people have already mentioned, the massive downfall of this scheme will be the fact it's not needed. Palace was the only game in this division guaranteed to sell out, and we don't even have that to worry about next season. Why would anyone pay a membership fee to guarantee getting tickets for games like Bournemouth, QPR, Reading, Millwall and Forest? These are likely to be the most popular of all, but I guarantee not a single one will sell out more than a week before the match, so if you're organised you'll get a ticket, regardless of what membership scheme you're in. Therefore, the whole exercise is a waste of time.

Brighton and Hove Albion has a magnificent home crowd and I am proud of it, but let's not kid ourselves that we're anything like a big club when it comes to away support.

Equally, lets not kid ourselves that if/when we're in the prem, it will be very difficult to get a ticket to Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham and Saints. Maybe there will be a first-come first-served priority within the membership scheme.

All irrelevant to non-STH's like me, of course, as we'd have no chance anyway. (I've still got four Rochdale away stubs, but they'll never be counted :( :joke: )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports