Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Membership scheme announced...

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I'd be amazed if it included season ticket holders. Imagine, if you didn't agree with it you have to pay the fine to cancel the direct debit.

But remember we don't know the finer details, only the chance to give it a name.

An approach pioneered by Blue Peter in relation to their pets so hardly new.

I'm sure they wouldn't make it compulsory - but could create a situation where STH end up further down the line than non-STH "members" unless they also become members.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm sure they wouldn't make it compulsory - but could create a situation where STH end up further down the line than non-STH "members" unless they also become members.

I've wondered for a while whether the direct debit option was there to get people used to paying a monthly membership to the club.

It gradually morphs into a subscription model.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
am I missing something or did we have a subscription membership scheme at Withers?
Is this likely to be very different?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There is undoubted scope for a more holistic approach at the club, so I'm not going to knock that approach just yet. I think i have different logins for...

- Seagulls Player
- Online Ticketing
- eCash site
- Seagulls Direct

...and it's clear that, as things stand, the club is not able to segregate and analyse the supporter base at a level that is granular enough to enable them to market more efficiently to us all. How often do you get emails asking if you've got your ticket yet for a fixture when you already have a season ticket or have already bought a one off match ticket? It happens to me a lot, and there are quite a few examples of this.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
don't like the sound of it, loyalty points work fine, and all the names are DISGUSTINGLY PLASTIC!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There is undoubted scope for a more holistic approach at the club, so I'm not going to knock that approach just yet. I think i have different logins for...

- Seagulls Player
- Online Ticketing
- eCash site
- Seagulls Direct

...and it's clear that, as things stand, the club is not able to segregate and analyse the supporter base at a level that is granular enough to enable them to market more efficiently to us all. How often do you get emails asking if you've got your ticket yet for a fixture when you already have a season ticket or have already bought a one off match ticket? It happens to me a lot, and there are quite a few examples of this.

Well, from what I gather Seagulls Player and the main website are due to different Football League Contracts. The ticket site and e-cash actually have the same login and I'd imagine are contracts controlled by the club.

It isn't beyond the realms of possibility to bring this data together mind for analysis although I think that's a different issue from the membership scheme. Data warehouse they call it. I do it in my own little way at work.

Pull a load of data from a number of different systems into a database for analysis. Works for me. The data is refreshed every 24 hours.

Coincidently the data is now used to generate emails albeit to a few recipients. The point being the data is collated from at least ten different systems.

Last edited:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I'm wondering, would the club ever consider charging people for use of the toilets at half-time? I reckon a payment scheme of two quid for a slash, five quid for a number twos, three quid for whatever ladies do in there. Plus there'd be "Golden Stream", a membership scheme which lets you queue jump for an extra 30 quid a year.

Excellent😄

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well, from what I gather Seagulls Player and the main website are due to different Football League Contracts. The ticket site and e-cash actually have the same login and I'd imagine are contracts controlled by the club.

(Oh no) they don't.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I haven't had a season ticket, but attend a fair few games. I've never had a problem getting tickets since the stadium expansion. I'm not sure about the benefits of any scheme. We'll see though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This looks like a cash drive. Could there possibly be any other reason they'd want to effectively streamline membership beyond the points and season ticket system, and how/why? What on earth would be the point? Sure, they want to identify loyal fans, but that's done already. I cannot see another point here. I'm trying but I can't.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for non season ticket holders to have a members card like the season ticket which they can have home games put on as they buy, saves postage and printing for the club, or staff time handling collections. If this was all it was I would think it fair to charge £25 for it if they include the cash back on spending done through the card like season tickets and maybe make the e-ticket a quid cheaper than a paper one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sorry which ones have a different login ?

Edited. Right the e-cash requires an additional card number ?

Different issue.

No - they are completely different logins to different systems. Aside from the additional authentication field, I have different passwords for each login.

As I said - I have (at least) 4 disparate logins to different systems for my interactions with the club.

And I say this because i can understand why the club may want a more holistic view of my interactions with them.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Barber needs a human handler. He has no charm, grace, subtlety or warmth. Everything he does seems to alienate more people even if it is just with his method of delivery. I've always supported the club financially - 20 notes fund, player sponsorship etc.. I've always done it happily as I felt I was helping MY club but I'm reconsidering my position. Can't stand the increasing feeling that I'm being mugged for something I used to do willingly.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No - they are completely different logins to different systems. Aside from the additional authentication field, I have different passwords for each login.

As I said - I have (at least) 4 disparate logins to different systems for my interactions with the club.

And I say this because i can understand why the club may want a more holistic view of my interactions with them.

That could be achieved easily by asking you supply (optionally) your customer number in every transaction. It's what the supermarkets do.

I just separate in my head how you interface with the systems and how the recipient analysis the data. They are separate issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here