Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Max Clifford Guilty

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Or fishing boat from Shoreham if Freddie Foreman could do it from Sheerness I am sure Clifford could manage it quite easily. Didnt Azil Nadir of Del Monte fame run to North Cyprus, so Clifford being 71 years old could do the same to see his life out.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Or fishing boat from Shoreham if Freddie Foreman could do it from Sheerness I am sure Clifford could manage it quite easily. Didnt Azil Nadir of Del Monte fame run to North Cyprus, so Clifford being 71 years old could do the same to see his life out.

I think you mean Polly Peck, BG. Nadir definitely wasn't the man from Del Monte!

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Live by the sword, die by the.....

Karma. Balance is restored in the universe

This wonderful news is not karma.............how about Deuteronomony 32:35: in the good book:

"Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and their doom comes swiftly.’

Surely proof if proof was needed that we do actually live in a Christian country............amen to that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unlikely that he will get a custodial sentence as released on bail for sentencing on Friday.

I didnt realize, until listening to News at 10, that the judge had told him to expect to go to gaol. So I would think a possible moonlight, as suggested by Lenny Rider, is more likely, unless his legal team think that he will get 12 month or less.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
This wonderful news is not karma.............how about Deuteronomony 32:35: in the good book:

"Vengeance is mine, and recompense, for the time when their foot shall slip; for the day of their calamity is at hand, and their doom comes swiftly.’

Surely proof if proof was needed that we do actually live in a Christian country............amen to that.

How did that "vengeance" work out for Jimmy Savile and Cyril Smith, who got away with a lifetime of abuse. Oh yeah, we have hell for them, don't we?.

Strewth!

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
How did that "vengeance" work out for Jimmy Savile and Cyril Smith, who got away with a lifetime of abuse. Oh yeah, we have hell for them, don't we?.

Strewth!

Do you think it is absolutely no coincidence that the start of Savile's abuse in the 70s was also the start of the decline of Leeds Utd. I can only assume that Savile took a year off in 1990.

As for that flip flopping labour, liberal sex case behemoth Cyril I think that as we come to understand how his sins were covered up by the political establishment in the next few weeks that it will only help to provide the electorate with a reference point for the forthcoming elections.

Given Clegg's recent comments on atheism and the disestablishment of the CoE I can only assume God is now a UKIP supporter.

Amen to that..........

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Reporting on ITV that he could get up to two years!

Which begs the question how much does he know about the establishment? And is the paltry sentence almost a pay off, in the light of Saville they had to prosecute but the size of the proposed sentence given the crime is a joke.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I've run into him a couple of times, he lives somewhere near me. One time I was in a café with my stepdad. The café was full and we had the only outside table on a beautiful sunny day. He pulled up next to our table in his open top car and stared at us. Then got out and leaned over the table until we told him to do one. Loathsome shit.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think Clifford should get a longer sentence than Stuart Hall, Hall did in fact plead guilty, though not at the first opportunity, and his assaults seemed to be in the moment, and accompanied by his drunkeness, Clifford deliberately groomed his victims over time, soberly, and then denied it all in court. Both horrible but Clifford worse.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think Clifford should get a longer sentence than Stuart Hall, Hall did in fact plead guilty, though not at the first opportunity, and his assaults seemed to be in the moment, and accompanied by his drunkeness, Clifford deliberately groomed his victims over time, soberly, and then denied it all in court. Both horrible but Clifford worse.

Agreed. Seems systematic and planned (and he displayed, as you'd expect from him I suppose, a huge degree of arrogance when lying in court about it), whereas Hall appears to have been a dirty old groper (not particularly unusual in that period though - seem to recall there were always blokes around with that kind of reputation). I hope he gets a long period of quiet contemplation. At least he's finished as a publicist - bet there were some celebrating celebrities last night.

Some of the more details reports refer more than once to him doing whatever he was doing whilst on the phone to his wife. Twisted.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I wonder how all this will pan out if the whole truth comes out someday. Was it/is it a handful of perverts and opportunist rapists or is there a far reaching, connected paedophile ring of celebrities, politicians and other VIPS? I genuinely don't know. There's no doubt in my mind that VIP's take part in some pretty extreme sexual practices and attend some extreme parties but does it include paedophilia? I would say, unfortunately it is quite likely it does.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unlikely that he will get a custodial sentence as released on bail for sentencing on Friday.
Why? They can release on bail if they think he's unlikely to do a runner, and I would think it's unlikely he will.

EDIT - I see I'm a bit late to this, and it's all been covered.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can't see him running. He's all about pr and spin and would know running would make everyone assume the jury were right. If he stays and appeals he could try to convince people it's a miscarriage of justice, that people are just jumping on the savile/hall bandwagon.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If he was a 71 year old scout leader found guilty would he be let out on bail till Friday?

If he's looking at 5 years, he might think 'f**k it' and blow the whistle on all the 'big stories' he's been suppressing on for years, either that or do a runner?

Isn't it connected to the likelihood of the guilty party fleeing ? I would imagine he's already had to surrender his passport and someone as famous as Max Clifford is going to struggle to "hide" for very long.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
He has got to be up there as a candidate for the 'ultimate slimeball';not just for these offences,but for the way he has earned his living.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Reporting on ITV that he could get up to two years!

Which begs the question how much does he know about the establishment? And is the paltry sentence almost a pay off, in the light of Saville they had to prosecute but the size of the proposed sentence given the crime is a joke.

If memory serves me correctly I think they can only give the sentence applicable at the time of the crime. I am sure this came up during the Stuart Hall case and his "short" sentence was a result of the weak laws and tariffs back then.

I'm not convinced he knows much about the establishment. If anything this trial has shown us he doesnt actually know anyone of significance; just a load of c-listers, tabloid names and wannabees.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Isn't it connected to the likelihood of the guilty party fleeing ? I would imagine he's already had to surrender his passport and someone as famous as Max Clifford is going to struggle to "hide" for very long.

Agree; although Lenny did raise the point of him doing a bunk on dodgy passport from Shoreham airport which is a possibility albeit remote in my opinion. And given his crimes I doubt a nonce would be welcome in most of the Costa Del crime areas around the world; his goolies will not last long when he has drug barons and other gangstrs for neighbours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here