Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Max Clifford Guilty

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
How this scum got away with it for so long... Happy days now...

There will be a lot of nervous people out there now.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
If a man says to a woman "If you sleep with me, I'll get you to meet Gary Barlow" and she agrees.

Is this an offence?

Or is it an offence if the man was lying and he has no contact with Barlow and she doesn't get a meeting?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If a man says to a woman "If you sleep with me, I'll get you to meet Gary Barlow" and she agrees.

Is this an offence?

Or is it an offence if the man was lying and he has no contact with Barlow and she doesn't get a meeting?
What? Is this a reference to something famous that's over my head? Lying to get people in to bed is standard practice.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
What? Is this a reference to something famous that's over my head? Lying to get people in to bed is standard practice.

From the BBC report:

"During the trial, prosecutors portrayed him as a well-practised manipulator, who promised to boost his victims' careers and get them to meet celebrities in exchange for sexual favours."

This might be a sordid and scummy behaviour.

But I'm surprised it is a crime.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

It's not. They just wanted to paint a picture of a horrible man.

In the 60s the favourite was to stop and look in jewellers windows at rings on the walk home from the cinema.
Christ, why did no one tell me this when I was on the pull?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Is this an offence?

Wanting to meet Gary Barlow is an offence on it's own.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From the BBC report:

"During the trial, prosecutors portrayed him as a well-practised manipulator, who promised to boost his victims' careers and get them to meet celebrities in exchange for sexual favours."

Think this might have something to do with it. Nasty.

Celebrity publicist Max Clifford has been found guilty of eight indecent assaults, including several involving a 15-year-old girl, and cleared of two others following a trial

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I bet a million pounds he'll get a very lenient sentence, similar to what Stuart hall got I'll imagine.

Won't be that harsh. 3 months suspended and 100 hours community service and £100 fine with £40 court costs. If I was the judge and he came before me then I'd pass a sentence of 20 years with a minimum term of 15 years and the extra 5 years served on licence.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Won't be that harsh. 3 months suspended and 100 hours community service and £100 fine with £40 court costs. If I was the judge and he came before me then I'd pass a sentence of 20 years with a minimum term of 15 years and the extra 5 years served on licence.

No comparison with what Hall was convicted of and these crimes.

Clifford might get a tiny custodial sentence, but mostly it will be community service.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
No comparison with what Hall was convicted of and these crimes.

Clifford might get a tiny custodial sentence, but mostly it will be community service.

He abused a 12 year old! What a joke if so!

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I rekon you'd RPG him!

Yes If I was allowed. The only way things like this will be stamped out is with real harsh sentences like the US. People commit awful crimes because they know they'll get light sentences so it gives them the green light.

Stiff and serve punishment is the way forward.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes If I was allowed. The only way things like this will be stamped out is with real harsh sentences like the US. People commit awful crimes because they know they'll get light sentences so it gives them the green light.

Stiff and serve punishment is the way forward.

Are you saying crime, or certain crimes have been stamped out in the US due to harsher sentences?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Are you saying crime, or certain crimes have been stamped out in the US due to harsher sentences?

Not all all but people would think twice before committing such acts as then they'd know that it'll be a very long time before they breath proper fresh air again. In the UK criminals commit not one or two but 3,4,5,6 criminal acts and still get a smack on the hand.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Think there are few celebrities and high profile high level previous government people who attended the Elm house dark and very shady parties alongside The krays...of which MI5 have previously put a stop on Scotland Yard investigations...."allegedly" :down:

Frightening stuff around how far this will go!?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Not all all but people would think twice before committing such acts as then they'd know that it'll be a very long time before they breath proper fresh air again. In the UK criminals commit not one or two but 3,4,5,6 criminal acts and still get a smack on the hand.

I can see your logic but the thing is though, the evidence suggests they don't. More serious violent crime is much more common in a lot of American states than it is in the UK...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here