Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mattock to sign and another player in talks

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This. I posted something I had been told yesterday and got flamed for it. I've never posted any news or rumours before and have no reason to fabricate stories to impress the masses. I was just mentioning what I had heard and people went mad :shrug:

Don't bother mate, tell your friends not this place.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Totter interesting one. Realistically it is certainly something that is feesable.

Got a couple of Millwall supporting mates and similar comments as previous in that potential is there but very inconsistent.

Saying that 6ft2 , 1 goal in 5 for Millwall would equate to 10 a season if he continued this for us. We've seen how he can play , if we can harness this and surround him with better players than Millwall have then could be a great signing.

Mattock would be great news. Solid and fits in with us perfectly. Young as well. Just what we need

D

Deleted member 18477

Why the f*ck are you looking at and commenting on rumour threads on a fans website then?

Because I was hoping there would actually be a proper source to this story. ATM its his word against anyone else's.

The reason I commented was because I wanted to share my dis-satisfaction with the actual non proper source of this rumour.

If you don't like my comment why are you commenting on it!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It's funny, when someone posts obvious bullshit people buy it hook line and sinker, when someone apparently credible posts possibly realistic information, it's all source, this isn't news, people jumping all over it.

Even if you dont believe why not just take it for what it is? This reaction is liable to put off people who may have genuine information posting it on here.

I do seem to have been a bit overly negative here, apologies. It's because of the number of bullshit threads that I am so sceptical of all of them!

I wasn't aware of any of Sitch's history either, which added to my reaction. The Trotter bit is newsworthy too, but the Mattock one really isn't a surprise.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Why are people so worked up by rumours on here?

It's a FOOTBALL message board. It's the SUMMER.

ITS ALL WE BLOODY HAVE!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sitch does have a credible source.

Note: the best sources can still be wrong on occasion.

Sums it up.

If it comes from Sitch, there's a GOOD CHANCE it'll be right. Doesn't mean it's foolproof.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I just question that what he's said is actually news at all? We know Mattock is a free agent and Gus wants him, that we're "possibly" about to sign him is not really new news today
But the OP doesn't say 'oo, we may be possibly about to sign someone that we all know we want to sign'. It says 'Mattock to sign'. That means the OP has heard he is actually signing. Of course these things can always fall apart until the pens on the paper, but this is good news.

With that in mind, would it be a useful to have the rep feature back. Would come in handy!
We had this discussion last summer or so when it went. The problem is with just having rep, you'll get lots of popular funny people with good rep that says nothing about whether they talk shit or not. Just reading this thread should make it clear to people what Sitch's reputation for transfer rumours is, that should be enough.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Be quite interesting if there was a way to track people's claims on signings to see how accurate they were. Perhaps how feasible people viewed their tip at the time as well. Then again I'm a data geek.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Be quite interesting if there was a way to track people's claims on signings to see how accurate they were. Perhaps how feasible people viewed their tip at the time as well. Then again I'm a data geek.

Trouble is, as mentioned above people can have insider info and a deal can look 99% certain to go through, only for something to fall through last minute. The fans might not necessarily hear about it, but it makes the person who broke the news look like they made it up. I think [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] got caught by some last minute hitches with the KLL transfer saga?

As [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] says, the word of some respected members on here should be a good enough gauge as to whether someone is worth listening to or not

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
So trotter has a lot of potential, but is a bit hit and miss...

Sounds exactly like watford fans on buckley about this time last year.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

There was a system on NSC for a short while where you could 'rate' good posts, allowing posters to build up a reputation. But it was withdrawn because (from what I understand) there were a couple of examples of people using the rating system to gang up on unpopular posters.

I'm sure what I have written above isn't 100% correct - I'm also sure someone will correct the inaccuracies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here