Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mattock to sign and another player in talks

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
You're both right. I need to relax more. not much happening with most clubs at the moment so I'll not worry :)

Webbzy

South West Corner Seagull
Jun 3, 2012
Portslade
Last summer Premier League Norwich, Premier League QPR, Promotion Favourites West Ham and free spending Leicester were all interested in signing Craig Mackail Smith, but the warmth of Gus enticed him to sign for newly promoted Brighton and Hove Albion.

Just saying.

I agree we are a great option for a lot of players I was more refer to certain types of players that just see the bright light and the pound signs that's all.

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
Not any more. Takes an age to build a good standing. He has just deystoyed that.

To be honest I don't really give a f*** what people think, we were very close to a deal before Poyet went away to Uruguay. Maybe Mattock just wanted a deal done instead of waiting around.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
To be honest I don't really give a f*** what people think, we were very close to a deal before Poyet went away to Uruguay. Maybe Mattock just wanted a deal done instead of waiting around.

my mate at west brom thought we had made an offer to Mattock and that he would probably sign for us but was entirely unsurprised that he took a bigger offer elsewhere all of which seems totally normal - not Gus's or Brighton's fault; not Mattock's; not Wednesday's....................... 'ees fuball (as someone used to say).

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
No need to panic at this stage. OK missing out on Mattock was a shame especially as he was available on a so called 'free transfer' but every chance in practice the full package he wanted was more than we fancied and as someone suggested maybe he opted for a club happy to close a quick deal. Plus maybe Gus was not convinced. So we move on.

I suspect that Gus has a few deals going on that will emerge in due course and that the Albion are looking to do business discretely rather than enter into a public auction that would only be an agent's dream. Thinking back to this time last year most of our new signings were still to be made. Clearly it would help to have new signings in place for the pre-season, especially if we want to get off to a flying start. But the key thing is that we get the right calibre of player who will enable us to step up and be more consistent contenders. However that sort of player won't be cheap.

Finally I won't forget how stunning the last close season was when the Club's transfer record was smashed 3 times in a few weeks followed by the Vicente deal that came right out of the blue - so am looking forward to what happens this time around. It will be a good indicator of how the Bloom / Poyet masterplan is progressing, and how high they are aiming.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

I heard Poyet wasnt very keen so not sure we were ever close to a deal.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
All this mattock talk is a bit ott - he's signed for someone else, let's move on please! Any way of changing the thread title to Mattock's signed for SW? Beside, anyone who spends more time shaving his ballsack than training will not be missed.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've not read through all of the thread, but as a general response to the criticism of Sitch, it's been said before that even when a transfer is 99% complete, things can still go wrong. I don't know if he is ITK or not, but maybe those on both sides need to relax their opinions of what he posts.

In some ways it would be safest to just rely on the official site, but then without all the speculation, NSC would be a very quiet place indeed...

So we missed out on Mattock – so what? You can't miss what you never had (permanently, not on loan), so onwards and upwards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here