Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mattock to sign and another player in talks

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Trouble is, as mentioned above people can have insider info and a deal can look 99% certain to go through, only for something to fall through last minute. The fans might not necessarily hear about it, but it makes the person who broke the news look like they made it up. I think [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] got caught by some last minute hitches with the KLL transfer saga?

As [MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] says, the word of some respected members on here should be a good enough gauge as to whether someone is worth listening to or not

Oh I didn't just mean for NSC, imagine having something that tracks every source, that looks at people like Fourth Official on Twitter and places like Football Rumours to see just how accurate any given source is.

Of course you have the issue you state with deals falling through, but I imagine this would be blips rather than something that wrecks any trust metric in a source. That's also why it would be interesting to have some kind of credibility rating for rumours, up for a public vote. For example Mattock looks credible as a rumour, even if it doesn't happen. Compare that to say Rickie Lambert coming to us now (not a real rumour, just made up an example), which would be seen as less credible and therefore might seem worse when it comes out to be not true.

Apologies for going O/T a bit, thinking out loud slightly.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If you don't like threads about transfer rumours then what's the point in even reading NSC in the summer.

Who cares whether the rumours are true, they make good fun reading.

Anyway one other thing to consider is how many times NSC HAS broken a transfer scoop in the last 12 months...the club are very very quiet with anything like this and we will only hear about things like this when we are meant to.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Because I was hoping there would actually be a proper source to this story. ATM its his word against anyone else's.

What exactly are you expecting to see as being a 'proper source' to this story then, bearing in mind this is a football messageboard (loosely speaking). If Sitch says his hairdresser told him then you won't believe him. If Sitch says Charlie Oatway told him, then you won't believe him.

Its not Sitch's word against anyone elses at all - you either believe he is pointlessly trolling for attention, or you take the info at face value, shrug and think "oh that'll be good if it happens then" and leave it at that, rather than going down the forensic route to find out exactly who told him.

If you're looking for 'proper sources' then this is never going to be the place for you.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Too many people on here sit on their high horses and just have to moan. If you don't like what your reading then choose another thread. Now I don't know if these transfer rumours will come to anything but they are just in fact rumours and nothing more unless you are the players agent and know what he is going to do. So come off your high horses and take it for what it is.

Now this Owen chap are we going to sign him or not?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
72 posts and no Only fools and horse jokes - what's going on
And I've got a Trotter coming round for dinner tonight - it's a sign!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What exactly are you expecting to see as being a 'proper source' to this story then, bearing in mind this is a football messageboard (loosely speaking). If Sitch says his hairdresser told him then you won't believe him. If Sitch says Charlie Oatway told him, then you won't believe him.

I skim-read that as "Charlie Oatway's hairdresser told him"....

Now that DOES sound far fetched!

D

Deleted member 18477

What exactly are you expecting to see as being a 'proper source' to this story then, bearing in mind this is a football messageboard ? If Sitch says his hairdresser told him then you won't believe him. If Sitch says Charlie Oatway told him, then you won't believe him.

Its not Sitch's word against anyone elses at all - you either believe he is pointlessly trolling for attention, or you take the info at face value, shrug and think "oh that'll be good if it happens then" and leave it at that, rather than going down the forensic route to find out exactly who told him.

If you're looking for 'proper sources' then this is never going to be the place for you.

What the hell are you on about. yes, yes it is his word against anyone else's at present.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What the hell are you on about. yes, yes it is his word against anyone else's at present.
Except no one is saying that he's wrong. So it's not his word against anyone else's, it's just his word, and his word means something to most of us.

D

Deleted member 18477

It's not, because no-one's come out and said 'My source has told me that Mattock is NOT signing and that Trotter is NOT in talks'. No-one else has professed to having any idea - therefore, as [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] says, you either believe Sitch or you don't.

Except no one is saying that he's wrong. So it's not his word against anyone else's, it's just his word, and his word means something to most of us.

Oh I see, well if that's how you wanna interpret it..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will actually be gutted if we DON'T sign Mattock. Given the fact that he's out of contract, seemed to fit right in and we need a LB it just seems such a natural signing.

Trotter would be good but let's get Mattock signed up quick please.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh I see, well if that's how you wanna interpret it..

This could be useful for you, easy to keep with you as well...

VA0085_SPECUK.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here