Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mattock to sign and another player in talks

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Oh the Mail. He is 23 not 22, and out of contract so god knows how he is rated at 1.5mil. Papers are just full of shit.

24 in August - not sure about his contract - I suspect he had a one year option on his initial deal which would take him through to the end of next season.
Papers are, undoubtably, full of shit :lol:

....and yes, my (only) Millwall supporting friend says he isn't consistent enough to be rated very highly but clearly has ability and the physique to do well if he continues to develop - he would be very sorry to see him go but says "don't think you would be getting a world beater, you won't. What you will get is a skilfull and energetic player who if he fits into your jigsaw could be just what you are looking for" (good enough for me as prospects go I have to say).

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
With all due respect, and I really hope you're right, but anyone could come on here and post what you have. We know Gus wants Mattock and we know we have a fair shout of getting him. You just seem to be suggesting he's in talk, which we all know? Unless there's more you know that you're not letting on?
With equal respect, you might want to note the response from other members here. Sitch was the first to tell us we were trying to get CMS, and he was right. That's how we distinguish between people that know something and everyone else.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Just read he signed two year contract 24th June 2010, so time is nearly up and he I am sure the AMEX and all that goes with it is more of a lure than the New Den

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
With equal respect, you might want to note the response from other members here. Sitch was the first to tell us we were trying to get CMS, and he was right. That's how we distinguish between people that know something and everyone else.

I have no idea about his previous posts so yes, do take note of the people vouching for him. I just question that what he's said is actually news at all? We know Mattock is a free agent and Gus wants him, that we're "possibly" about to sign him is not really new news today, it was even the back page of the Argus on Saturday wasn't it?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Really hope this is true, would love both players, perfect additions.

Bridcutt Trotter Vicente midfield TRIUMVIRATE is mouth watering.

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We only need three solid players to go for promotion next season anyway.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm sure Gus won't have signed Trotter purely on the performance at The Amex; our scouting network will have had all targets watched over a number of matches etc.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not Surprised by either - wasn't there talk originally that it was going to be a swap - Trotter for Vincelot?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Apparently he was coming to us, I sincerely hope he doesn't as he wouldn't improve on Schneiderlin or Cork. Would be a decent signing for you mind. You don't really have a midfielder that provides drive at the moment. Could be the difference between you making the play offs or not this season. That a decent forward and a keeper.

Trotter isn't really anything like your two. Far more attack minded.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I have no idea about his previous posts so yes, do take note of the people vouching for him. I just question that what he's said is actually news at all? We know Mattock is a free agent and Gus wants him, that we're "possibly" about to sign him is not really new news today, it was even the back page of the Argus on Saturday wasn't it?
It's funny, when someone posts obvious bullshit people buy it hook line and sinker, when someone apparently credible posts possibly realistic information, it's all source, this isn't news, people jumping all over it.

Even if you dont believe why not just take it for what it is? This reaction is liable to put off people who may have genuine information posting it on here.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

With that in mind, would it be a useful to have the rep feature back. Would come in handy!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It's funny, when someone posts obvious bullshit people buy it hook line and sinker, when someone apparently credible posts possibly realistic information, it's all source, this isn't news, people jumping all over it.

Even if you dont believe why not just take it for what it is? This reaction is liable to put off people who may have genuine information posting it on here.
This. I posted something I had been told yesterday and got flamed for it. I've never posted any news or rumours before and have no reason to fabricate stories to impress the masses. I was just mentioning what I had heard and people went mad :shrug:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would be very pleased if both players joined based on what I've seen them do (obviously, I've seen far more of Mattock than Trotter), although I've now heard the comment that Trotter's best games were against us a few times, which kinda takes the shine off that one a bit...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here