Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Daniel Passarella 5 foot 8 (an inch shorter than Roberts) did OK. Central defender and captain of Argentina's WC winning 1978 side!

I've mentioned him before but Baresi, arguably the best CB of all time, is "only" 1.76m. If don't think he'd have shone in a PL team, frankly, you're an idiot

And thats great. Really. But they and a handful of others, like Cannavaro, were exceptions. I think Haydon could turn into a fine player but I'll wait with the Baresi comparisons...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hopefully with Pereira coming to us for a fee

Took the thought right out of my head.

My view (that I keep on peddling) is that Pereira has a relegation clause in his contract that states he’ll get a 75% (or similar) pay reduction for Championship football (which would be interpreted as a loss of an EPL bonus) but that he can go to any club that stumps out a buy-out fee of £15m.

I think he’ll remain in the EPL and that we’d be a club that would interest him. A brilliant antidote to Trossard when he is playing crap.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
[tweet]1414897377861935116[/tweet]

Oh, I'm guessing that he's only got two more years on his contract, but I know that your understanding of this is based of firmer stuff. If so, I'm a tad surprised, but it might be a feature of PL football's current financial predicament.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Oh, I'm guessing that he's only got two more years on his contract, but I know that your understanding of this is based of firmer stuff. If so, I'm a tad surprised, but it might be a feature of PL football's current financial predicament.

Yes, 2 years on his contract but possibly they'll have a buy option on the end of the loan ( guess ) ? In which case this may not be too different from a sale anyway in practical terms.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
You would think 2 years at a Championship club would tell the club if he was good enough for Premier League by now - if not , sell, not loan again until he is down to 1 year contract and probably walk away like Ryan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here